Weather permitting, we intend to hop over to the Island, using the 9am ferry out of Playa Tortuga on Friday 11/1. We'll rent our cart 1st thing. Here is our agenda for the day with a few remaining questions that I have.
Appreciate the advise & suggestions. We'll be traveling with my stepdaughter who is 3 months pregnant so we are trying to blend a mix of island scenery, snorkeling and beach/drinking/relaxing.
9:30ish - Head to Garrafon de Castilla and spend an hour or two
11:30ish - Stop at Punta Sur for about an hour
Drive back to North side and eat lunch somewhere (Jax, Chi-chitas Snack Bar, Caribbean Queen or Sunset Grill).
2 & 5 - Spend time on Playa Norte (get some loungers, perhaps a massage, have a few cocktails)
My questions are:
1. Once we pick up the cart - do we use Av Rueda Medina all the way to South end of the Island. All the maps I have printed look like it, but wanted to double check.
2. Once we leave Punta Sur, is there a different route (street) back to the North side that would give us a different 'view' than we had on our way to the South end? If so, can someone provide me the street name.
3. If my family is hanging out around Chi-chitas (end of the North side) and I wanted to walk up the beach towards the Avalon and snorkel to the 'right of the bridge' where I've read may have some fish, can I walk that or do I need to take the cart and find parking over towards Fenix? I've got a ton of maps printed, buts its very hard to gage the distance since this is my 1st trip over to the island.
4. Can't find too much info on Caribbean Queen Beach club. Why is that? I read its next to PA but can't find much else on TA or the internet to know if its a hotel or just a snack bar/bar. Any additional info that can be shared would be helpful.
5. Lastly, I know my cart will come w/a lock and its all street parking. What do you typcially wrap the lock around? I've used google maps over the last few days and viewed 'street views' around PA, Jax, Ixchel & Nautibeach and I can't seem to locate what folks are using to lock up their carts. There aren't too many street lamp posts or sign signs so what do folks use to secure it?
We'll be there for Day of the Dead - I'm looking forward to see their traditions and how they celebrate the life of loved ones past. Thanks - Jenn