We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Craft beer fans...Isla Brewing Company!

Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario
Level Contributor
7,186 posts
166 reviews
Save Topic
Craft beer fans...Isla Brewing Company!

I think this is awesome - a microbrewery on the island! I wish them great success!

Sign me up for a Mundaca Ale - Porter!

http://www.islabrewing.com/

This info is from the aboutisla blog site:

Isla Brewing Company

Hello Friends!

We have been hard at work with all the 'FUN' details of establishing a business and opening a cerveceria in Mexico. Now to answer some common questions:

1. Location?

We are diligently looking for the perfect spot. There are a handful of possibilities in the works. Hopefully the discovery of the perfect space will coincide with the timing of all those other 'FUN' details falling into place. We hate to jump into a good space when there is the potential for a great space.

2. When?

ASAP We are ready!

3. Beer?

The second round of IPA has been tasted and it is right on time. We are working on the 3rd round to make some minor improvements. A coconut porter is aging in the keg as we speak. Wednesday we will be brewing a Hibiscus Flower infused honey wheat. The test batch was blood red with a crisp finish, and the Hibiscus really lends a unique flavor.

Thank you for all of your positive responses and support. Know that we are full steam ahead, we will keep you posted on progress, and look forward to pouring you a beer very soon.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
666 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Craft beer fans...Isla Brewing Company!

I'm really looking forward to this taking place. That would be so cool, drinking Isla beer. Nice post WIBS.

Boston...
Level Contributor
825 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Craft beer fans...Isla Brewing Company!

Well, at least if I lose my husband on Isla, I'll likely know where to find him now!

TX
Level Contributor
5,689 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Craft beer fans...Isla Brewing Company!

Ooooooh! How very exciting! I LOVE me a good craft beer (and so does hubby), so we'll be eagerly watching and waiting for this place to open up! Thanks for the info!

Oh, and - coconut porter? I think I just might actually faint.

Edited: 29 October 2013, 19:40
Keller, Texas
Level Contributor
467 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Craft beer fans...Isla Brewing Company!

mmmm, a tamarind IPA would be good.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
38,375 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Craft beer fans...Isla Brewing Company!

I told my other half about this - very exciting news indeed! :)

New Carlisle, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,168 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Craft beer fans...Isla Brewing Company!

The logo is stunning. They might make as much $ selling t-shirts as beer!

Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Craft beer fans...Isla Brewing Company!

My husband & I have had the pleasure of tasting some of the Isla Brewing Company product. It is quite tasty! We wish them the best of luck & look forward to having a local brewery on the Island.

Morton, IL
Level Contributor
935 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Craft beer fans...Isla Brewing Company!

Oh I hope they are open by end of February!!

Bryans Road
Level Contributor
3,960 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Craft beer fans...Isla Brewing Company!

Very cool! Must say, if you hit the mainland (PDC) and you love beer, check out Club de LA Cerveza! Their selections are off the hook!

boonies
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Craft beer fans...Isla Brewing Company!

Oh.my.BEER! Coconut meh, coconut porter...well now that could be interesting. But hibiscus honey wheat? Sounds amazing! Please locate near the water, Micro briew with a View--i may just stop by and permanently move in.