We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

posada del Mar

toledo,ohio
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Topic
posada del Mar

So in the am I'm changing my hotel from the Avalon to the Posada del Mar after reading numerous websites. I decided to risk it and go for the authentic Mexico---or as authentic as I can do...............anyone been there??

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: posada del Mar

I haven't been there but did alot of homwork on where to stay on Isla.

Travelling alone, you may want to be closer to town, with the great dining advantages you don't need an AI. Posada seems like a sure bet with price, location, pool and beach. I read the older bldg has better views. Maybe try a request. Bar on premises is good for a lone traveler at night. People compare it to a Holiday Inn-Mexico style. Enjoy! Looking forward to a trip report.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,215 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: posada del Mar

As I've been researching for hotels for myself, I believe to have concluded that AI, the Avalon place, sounds rityz, luxurious and you pay for it. The Posada sound like a "clean Motel 8" according to one chat forum I read. And, you pay for it, too. It seems to depend on what you are looking for.

3. Re: posada del Mar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 08:20