We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach massage

Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis
Level Contributor
275 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Beach massage

Hey everyone!!

Just wondering if anyone has any pointers on best places for this?

We won't be staying at a hotel that offers this...are the rates negotiable?

I know they are hard working people and I dont want to insult them :)

Thank you!

Marla

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
2,096 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Beach massage

Sarah is a sweetheart and provides one awesome massage.

Omaha, Nebraska...
Level Contributor
41 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Beach massage

No need to worry about finding them - they'll find you! They will be walking around the beach asking the beachgoers if they're interested in a massage. My last visit to Isla was in March and I got a 60 minute massage for $18 (all the cash I had on me - turned out to be a good negotiating tactic!). I highly recommend getting one!

North Dartmouth...
2 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Beach massage

Gibran Hazar on North Beach (Playa Norte) at the Fenix Restaurant is the only Certified Massage Therapist on the island. He studied in Massage Therapy for 5 years in California and speaks English very well. He does either deep tissue sports massage or relaxing beach massage. I had him work the deep tissue in my painful shoulders and he worked wonders! $30 USD for 1/2hr, $50 USD for 1hr, $70 USD for 1-1/2hr. Very knowledgable, very nice.

North Dartmouth...
2 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Beach massage

Gibran Hazar on North Beach (Playa Norte) at the Fenix Restaurant is the only Certified Massage Therapist on the island. He studied in Massage Therapy for 5 years in California and speaks English very well. He does either deep tissue sports massage or relaxing beach massage. I had him work the deep tissue in my painful shoulders and he worked wonders! $30 USD for 1/2hr, $50 USD for 1hr, $70 USD for 1-1/2hr. Very knowledgable, very nice.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
10,034 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Beach massage

Glad you enjoyed it, but there are other certified massage therapists on the island as well, including Mary Ann Burns and the aforementioned Sarah.

16. Re: Beach massage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2015, 05:29