We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

anyone manage not to gain weight on Isla?

Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Courtenay, Canada
Level Contributor
410 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
anyone manage not to gain weight on Isla?

I have been very successful in a significant healthy weight loss this year.

With all the great food and drinks I usually come back worth a few extra pounds

This year I want to have a good time but would like not to undo all my hard work.

Have come up with some strategies

Lots of fresh seafood, fruits and veggies

La lomitas bean soup, limitung creamy drinks to one per day.Lots of water Lots of walks, swimming and maybe renting bikes

Anyone else tried too not gain while on vacation

Anyonehave any other suggestions?

Courtenay, Canada
Level Contributor
410 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: anyone manage not to gain weight on Isla?

Jeanh thanks for your comment. I have been successful on two vacations so far this year.

One was a 3 week drive down the Wesr coast from Victoria to Carmel including several days in the Napa valley. Managed to come home several pounds lighter thanks to beach walks and bicycle tours, along with sharing food portions with hubby (hes lost too)

I've just never tried this on Isla but sure I can do this now. Im usually a wine drinker but that doesnt go so well on the beach. Think ill stick with melon water and the odd margarita and forget the creamy drinks

Thanks everyone for your help

New Carlisle, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,168 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: anyone manage not to gain weight on Isla?

I lose 5 pounds before I leave so I can gain 15 on Isla...

TX
Level Contributor
5,621 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: anyone manage not to gain weight on Isla?

We go during the hot, hot summer where I swear you actually SWEAT off anything you eat or drink.

14. Re: anyone manage not to gain weight on Isla?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 November 2014, 06:21