We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant recommendation

Isla Mujeres, Mexico
Level Contributor
102 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant recommendation

I'm not sure if I am allowed to recommend a restaurant on here... but please let me know if it's not ok. I just wanted to share that we have really been enjoying the sushi chef's creations at Asia Caribe this trip to Isla. We were just wowed the first time we ordered the dragon roll... it is a work of art and each sushi we have tried is delish! Sure don't want anyone to miss out in case you didn't consider it for an appie one night - as we have, 4 times this trip alone! lol! If I knew how to post a picture, I'd put it here - but that is too techy for my skill level.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant recommendation

Sounds pretty good. Now if you could tell me how to go there and not order the sticky ribs I'd appreciate it. There have been several times in the past I look at the menu and decide I'm going to try something else and then when they come to take my order I hear myself say "I'll have the sticky ribs". Maybe if I try writing it down and just hand them a note I can order something different. :-)

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
914 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant recommendation

I LOVE the Dragon Rolls at Asia Caribe, beautiful and delicious!!

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
96 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant recommendation

Where is Asia caribe? Sounds great. What is the price point?

Corner Brook, Canada
Level Contributor
444 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant recommendation

I am not a big dessert fan but their coconut cheesecake is the best sweet thing I have ever eaten!

Lori

Southwest Michigan
Level Contributor
2,467 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant recommendation

Asia Caribe is on Hidalgo across from Angelos, not hard to find. Not sure on current prices, we have not been since March.

rogerandvirginia, have you been to Isla before? Do you have a mapchick map? A necessity, IMO!

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
277 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant recommendation

I am obsessed with sushi!! I love to cook ( not bake),

And for me sushi is such a treat..especially since I don't do a very good job of preparing it myself.

Is this the only sushi place on Isla?

Thank u : )

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
914 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant recommendation

Dragon rolls are 100 pesos, and most of the sushi options are 85 - 115 pesos. Sashimi is varied and I have never had it there.

They also have a great Kahlua mousse dessert, it's delicious and decadent. Sorry, I don't remember the price of it.

As far as I know it is the only sushi place on Isla right now, there was another place called Island Sushi that shut down about a year ago.

Edited: 02 December 2013, 05:52
new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
20,648 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant recommendation

Satay over at Privilege Aluxes also does sushi and according to Moineau, it's excellent. Here's a picture from trip report:

…voyagesarabais.com/i/…

New Carlisle, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,173 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurant recommendation

We had their coconut shrimp and pecan encrusted grouper a few days ago. Delicious and well done!

10. Re: Restaurant recommendation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2014, 05:17