We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

no idea which day it is anymore

Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Courtenay, Canada
Level Contributor
410 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
no idea which day it is anymore

Three days are all running together as the weather has vastly improved. Spending far less time writing reports

We have a new morning routine. After our sunrise malecon walk, "dos cappucinos para levar" which we take to the beach. Shopping and enjoying the freshness of the new day

A beach walk followed by breakfast

I mentioned a few nights ago we went to Due Torri and promised our impressions

We had add-on antipssto platter that was good I chose lobster with garlic but which came with fabulous potatoes and a delicious assortment of fresh veggies. MR lovebirds had spaghetti isla mujeres with lobster shrimp fish and tomatoes

The only thing they failed on was wine. You would expect an Italian restaurant tho have a good selection of red wines. They had one, montepulciano which I ordinarily like. No wine by the bottle. It tasted like someone's homemade basement wine and was served chilled. A big no in my book.

Saturday was an awesome day.

We had arranged to have dinner with a friend who formerly worked at PA. He came over from Cancun with his beautiful wife and we decided on Fenix for dinner

We had lovely conversation, lots of laughter despite my limited Spanish and his wifes limited English, despite the age gap,( we have at least 25 years on them) we had a beautiful evening. During under the palapa with very cushonied seats, we dined on a variety of tapas. Stuffed pepper with goat cheese, apple and brie salad, fish skewers with mango chutney chorizo in red wine sauce. Oh my every bite was delectableTook some great pics, ran into several other mutual friends. The warmth of their friendship was abundant. They were so interested in Canada and where we live and the wildlife we are exposed to. They want to visit us and go camping

We walked them back to the ferry with hugs and kisses and invitations all round.

A fabulous evening

Olathe, Kansas
Level Contributor
1,754 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: no idea which day it is anymore

Thanks for the trip report. Glad the weather has improved.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: no idea which day it is anymore

Thanks for the report. I'm very encouraged to hear the weather is finally improving. I'll be there in six days and I could really use some sun. I also love the tapas menu at Fenix. I think I've tried every item on it and every bite has been wonderful. Where are you getting your morning cappucinos? The place on the south end or Hidalgo I used to go has closed and I'll be looking for a new spot.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
466 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: no idea which day it is anymore

Great report, lovebirds!

Rick S, I am wondering about the cappuccinos as well :) I am a certified coffeeholic, esp. espresso based drinks. I'm hoping they're from Cafe del Mar or Sabor since we're staying at PA but will be happy with anything nearby where I can get my coffee fix early morning to take with me on a walk :) ( regular coffee will do but I'm much happier when having consumed what my husband calls the " high octane stuff" or "your coffee crack"!)

The tapas at Fenix sound amazing- they're now on my list.

How wonderful you had such a great time with your friends. I love that you made these friends during your many travels to Isla and that they want to vacation to your home town- that's so cool!

Wishing you sunny skies and looking forward to your next report :)

Denton, Texas...
Level Contributor
460 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: no idea which day it is anymore

My favorite part of the trip...when the days start running together, and you just don't know anymore (or really care). Glad you're having a great time! 5 days for me!

Grayslake, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,708 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: no idea which day it is anymore

Cafe hidalgo has amazing cappuccinos and café frappes.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: no idea which day it is anymore

jetskigirl,

Thanks. Hopefully they are open this trip. The last two times I've been down they have been closed.

Grayslake, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,708 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: no idea which day it is anymore

My poor hubby LOVES crepes and cafe hidalgo is closed everytime he is on Isla (2x). She is always open when I am without him (5x). He thinks its an illusion! We will be back in jan and I'm promising she will be open in high season. I hope so.

Olathe, Kansas
Level Contributor
1,754 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: no idea which day it is anymore

Have to have my morning "coffee" fix. Anywhere else you can get Cappuccino?

Edited: 02 December 2013, 01:32
Courtenay, Canada
Level Contributor
410 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: no idea which day it is anymore

Rick S the coffee bar at PA opens around 630 and we are staying there. We haven't found anywhere else open that early with good coffee

Olathe, Kansas
Level Contributor
1,754 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: no idea which day it is anymore

lovebirds - can you get a cappuccino at PA?