We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alaskans Loving the Sun

Kenai, Alaska
Level Contributor
568 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Alaskans Loving the Sun

All our flights went well with no snags. Walk right through the airport. No lines at all. This is the quickest I've ever made it through. I bet it didn't take 15 minutes. Waited outside for Pawleyz2002 to arrive. We had some of those $10.00 drinks, but it was hot and we were thirsty.

Found USA transfers and off to the ferry, with a quick stop for beer. Timed it right with the ferry pulling in as we arrived. We made it to the Island about 1:30

We took a cab and checked into our rental (Casa Rosa) We cooled off in the pool while we waited for our golf cart to be delivered at 3:00. 4:15 came and no cart yet, I tried calling Jimbo but couldn't get ahold of him. So we decided to catch a cab to Bally Hoo since we were both starving.

Colleen had fish Tacos and I had the Fish and Chips. Wow was it good. We have missed that fish. There was some kind of party going on next door with the local fishermen and their families. About 20 young children were swimming around the docks. It was fun watching them do flips off the docks. We had a couple of drinks while the children gave us a show.

We picked up some coffee for the morning and headed back to the house. The guy from Jimbo was waiting for us at the house when we returned. Colleen talked to him and expressed her feeling about paying for the cart today and not being able to use it. He gave us 400 peso back for todays 1/2 day rental. Everyone was happy.

6:30 now and I'm thinking about going to bed. I know I'll be up at 3 am. It's so relaxing sitting here listening to the waves crash on the shore. When I here, my life in Alaska just seems like a dream.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Alaskans Loving the Sun

Mark, I guess I can understand dropping the luggage and I admire your will power. I shudder at the thought of putting of that first trip to Bally Hoo.

12. Re: Alaskans Loving the Sun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 December 2014, 05:18