We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant in middle or south of isla

USA
Level Contributor
1,035 posts
131 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant in middle or south of isla

We have a golf cart for a few days so want to try a few restaurants in middle or south side of the island. Tried Limon already. It was great. Other suggestions?

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,890 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant in middle or south of isla

Maria's Kan Kin is one I'd love to try. Great recent reviews! If you go there, can't wait to hear about it. Also, Casa de los Suenos, which has mixed reviews but I would try it for myself.

Canada
Level Contributor
238 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant in middle or south of isla

La Bruja. Was excellent last night.

Wyoming
Level Contributor
2,042 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant in middle or south of isla

Basto's, Minchi's, Oscar's, Kash Keken chuc and any number of loncherias....there are lots of threads on here...do a search and you'll get more names than you can possibly try...

Southwest Michigan
Level Contributor
2,319 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant in middle or south of isla

Monchis, Mango Cafe, Bastos, La Bruja.

Grayslake, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,810 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant in middle or south of isla

El charco

canada
Level Contributor
133 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant in middle or south of isla

Chuuk Kay is on of our favorites as is Bastos. Out south we liked Casa de los Suenos, it was such a beautiful location lots of stairs though. We always like lunch at Captain Dulche's as well

Olathe, Kansas
Level Contributor
1,762 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant in middle or south of isla

We ate at Bastos our first night in Isla last year. Loved the vibe and the food. Did Mango the next day for breakfast and no matter where we ate it was all good. Just pick one, it really doesn't matter, they are all good.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
221 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant in middle or south of isla

If you want to go further south, try The Joint - cool place with good food and a Jamaican vibe.

Edited: 26 December 2013, 00:55
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
143 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurant in middle or south of isla

Lolo Lorena. It is small. You must make reservations and she cooks whatever is fresh for the day. You will have to eat at communal tables and it is byob. I believe it isi $35 per person. It was wonderful. Lolo is quite a character

USA
Level Contributor
1,035 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurant in middle or south of isla

Went to Maria's Kin Kan for lunch and drinks. Food was good. Seafood soup particularly good. Service was terrific and the owner very friendly. The view is gorgeous. For dinner, went to Green Verde. Best mole i have had outside of Oaxaca. Another tough day in Isla....