We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last question.....booking today!!

Maryland
Level Contributor
264 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Last question.....booking today!!

One last question......your opinion please! Hotel Rocamar, Hotel Villa Kinn, Hotel Bahia Chai Chi, or Hotel Posada Del Mar??

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Posada Del Mar
Hotel Posada Del Mar
616 Reviews
Isla Mujeres, Mexico
Henderson, Nevada
Level Contributor
126 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last question.....booking today!!

First trip? Many (us included) started with the Posada del Mar being the first place we stayed. Clean, great location etc. Give it a try. You can look for another location for your next trip while you are on the island...

Maryland
Level Contributor
264 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Last question.....booking today!!

Not our first trip.....it will be trip #6. We usually stay at the Avalon but since the name change, came the cost doubling. Just trying to find a clean, safe and a view! We always rent a golf cart so transportation is not an issue.

Bethlehem...
Level Contributor
594 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Last question.....booking today!!

Posada del Mar gets my vote. Love Villa Kiin but no pool could be an issue for you? Got a great beach which could solve this issue, though! Good luck.

Sykesville, Maryland
Level Contributor
468 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Last question.....booking today!!

Posada del Mar. Close to everything, pool. Clean, secure rooms.

Southwest Michigan
Level Contributor
2,528 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Last question.....booking today!!

Posada del Mar.

Harrisburg PA
Level Contributor
228 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Last question.....booking today!!

Disagree heartily with the positive review of Villa Kiin .... feedback here at TA seems somewhat positive, but my experience was anything but. I'd like to hear what others here have to say.

Edited: 28 December 2013, 19:32
Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
43,185 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Last question.....booking today!!

I think you will enjoy the Posada with your family - so handy to everything! :)

canada
Level Contributor
87 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Last question.....booking today!!

We have stayed. At the Bahia and Rocamar. Had friends stay at the Posada. Ocean View rooms upper floors at the Rocamar have an incredible view. Close to The square, restaurants, money and groceries. Decent pool, usually quiet clientele. Rooms are all bit small with no dresser or closet. You have a fridge and microwave. Posada a little more room, close to everything but in a lot busier area. Easier to come back from the beach through the day. (bathroom, get another soda,etc) Bahia is clean and classy with lots of room and very nice bathrooms. Pool is inside the courtyard so usually in the shade.not a place to lounge all day. Bay view rooms have a great view. No fridge or microwave but an adequate breakfast included. If you gave me the job of booking you in I would probably go Posada, new building and bring earplugs just in case. My second choice would be the Almendros.

new york
Level Contributor
20,751 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Last question.....booking today!!

So don't keep us all in suspense. What did you end up booking today?

Southern California
Level Contributor
14,658 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Last question.....booking today!!

I stayed at Posada del Mar, new building, those rooms do have a fridge (not very cold though) and nice quiet AC.