We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Our Isla Maps have arrived

Quesnel, Canada
Level Contributor
78 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Our Isla Maps have arrived

We are arriving on Isla (1st timers) in April. And because of threads on this forum, I ordered the set of Isla maps from Mapchicks, they arrived yesterday,,,, Wow, I am shocked at how much information is contained in these maps. This Tiny island sure packs a punch. I'm hoping a week is enough to actually see everything we want to see.The Golf cart tour page looks like so much fun! I'm also pretty sure a week isn't enough time to eat everywhere we want to eat though..hahaha!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Our Isla Maps have arrived

Enjoy the Island, No a week is not enough for us. Those maps are great. I order new ones every year.

Richmond, Texas
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Our Isla Maps have arrived

As already stated, one week will not be enough time, but you WILL have a wonderful time. I will make a bet this won't be the last time you visit isla.

NO WORRIES !!

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
43,185 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Our Isla Maps have arrived

Aren't those amazing??? That is why I recommend them all that time - they are fabulous! I just wish they made them for everywhere I traveled to. :)

Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
6,034 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Our Isla Maps have arrived

Glad you like it :)

You can always try to extend that trip you know !

baltimore
Level Contributor
47 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Our Isla Maps have arrived

We are returning for our 3rd time this April and still more to see that we missed the other times. So much to see on this tiny island. Love it!!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Our Isla Maps have arrived

I've only just ordered mine, but I'm already checking the mailbox daily hoping that its there. :) And the new refrain in our house when we get frustrated with trying to figure something out (i.e. best place to run, trails & walkways...) is "let's just wait and see if its on the mapchick map".

I normally spend hours before a trip labeling stuff on a map that I printed myself. Hopefully it will save me the effort... Looking forward to getting it!

Milwaukee
Level Contributor
19 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Our Isla Maps have arrived

We are going for the first time in May and we ordered the maps! I have notes all over them from other tips that people are providing in this forum! Thanks Mapchick! They ROCK!

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,809 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Our Isla Maps have arrived

My new one just arrived too, Laura. Fabulous as ever. I wish you and Perry could map the world!

it's great to look at the old maps and compare, especially on the mainland. I refuse to get 'that way' about the old days but it revives some great memories.

i still remember trying to figure out how to pay you in US$ from Canada and not wanting to put cash in an envelope and mail it. Business on the internet has sure changed!

Kenai
Level Contributor
695 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Our Isla Maps have arrived

We just ordered Puerto Morelos map.... was happy to see she had one--covered in the riviera maya set I believe... Cant wait to study!

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Morelos
Puerto Morelos
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Quesnel, Canada
Level Contributor
78 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Our Isla Maps have arrived

I am excited , cant wait to experience Isla. . !! We are coming after a week in Playa , so it will be nice to be somewhere not so big. Now I feel like I am a little more prepared.

and I like that our apartment is listed on our map too!! We shall never get lost, hahaha !