We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golf Cart Rentals

COTTAGE GROVE MN
Level Contributor
85 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Golf Cart Rentals

Who would be the best to go to for renting a cart for 4 people for a week?

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
10,423 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golf Cart Rentals

You may be about to receive dozens of recommendations from people who swear their place is the ONLY place to rent from because everyone has their favorites. We always rent from Ciro's on Guerrero--we love their larger carts that also have a rear deck for carrying things like luggage or snorkeling gear, and both seats face forward. However, last year we started with a standard cart in which the back seat faces the rear, and our passengers actually preferred that because it put us closer together and facilitated conversation.

Lansdale...
Level Contributor
228 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Golf Cart Rentals

Refreshing my own packing list for our trip and remembering how useful bungy cords are for securing things to a golf cart ! Just thought I would mention it for a cart without a rear deck. But may be useful for that kind of cart also.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
10,423 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golf Cart Rentals

Either that or a small length of rope, which my resourceful wife uses to create a clothesline on our balcony to dry scuba gear.

Kenai, Alaska
Level Contributor
580 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Golf Cart Rentals

I try to bring a piece of rope too. It does work well for tying things to a cart, and doubles for lasso for when my wife tries to enter a jewelry store...... LOL...

Wyoming
Level Contributor
2,047 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Golf Cart Rentals

Cute, Mark! I just want to pass on a comment. The other day DH and I were walking the malecon south of Villa La Bella. There were 2 gals that had parked their cart on the road and were over taking pics of each other. The problem was they both left their bags on the floor of the cart. I turned and looked back at them.....well I could have easily picked one/both of those bags up. They were not paying any attention. Someone on a scooter would have had easy pickins. Just remember to keep track of your stuff. We hear reports of items being stolen, but you have to take responsibility for your own stuff. Don't leave it unattended.

Mentioned in this post
Villa La Bella
Villa La Bella
752 Reviews
Isla Mujeres, Mexico
Sykesville, Maryland
Level Contributor
472 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Golf Cart Rentals

Good advice Wyobean. Don't even leave your personal items in view when driving in your golf cart. Last year and the year before there were reports of people driving up on scooters and motorcycles next to moving golf carts and grabbing the personal items out of tourists' golf carts. If you have a beach bag with you while riding in your cart, keep one strap secured around your arm or otherwise secured.

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
374 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Golf Cart Rentals

We brought a bike lock to lock our beach bag & stuff onto to luggage rack so no one on scooters could snatch it. We actually locked our small soft sided igloo cooler (that looks a lot like a purse) on the rack alone sometimes just to see if anyone would try & snatch it :) They didn't.

COTTAGE GROVE MN
Level Contributor
85 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Golf Cart Rentals

Thanks everyone. Good stuff.

9. Re: Golf Cart Rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2015, 05:19