We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Posada del Mar poolside room help

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
177 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Posada del Mar poolside room help

Hello! Unfortunately our last second trip to Isla didn't work out next week, but we are booked at Posada for April-got a stellar deal of $47 a night! Woot woot! Anyways, we are taking our two year old and have a new building room booked. Are any of the ground floor new building rooms super close to the pool? I want to be able to lay poolside with a video monitor while he naps. If not, which room category is closest to the pool? I've got my mapchick map ordered, can't wait to scope it out! If anyone has any tips let me know!

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
20,471 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Posada del Mar poolside room help

If you look at this picture, that's of new building II. As you can see the bottom floor rooms would be the closest but they won't guarantee a particular room. Hopefully when you get there and explain what you want you'll be able to get it if it's free.

…tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/05/2c/d7/90/h…

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
10,408 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Posada del Mar poolside room help

Seems I remember there were other rooms just to the left of this vantage point that were also fairly close to the pool.

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
20,471 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Posada del Mar poolside room help

New building one to the left of this one is set far back from the pool. The other rooms that would be fairly close but not this close would be new section rooms, which are to the left of building one. They're not all that new, lol, so if she wants new building then this would be the one to ask for.

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
177 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Posada del Mar poolside room help

Thanks TNY! That looks great, I will put in a request about a week out.

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
20,471 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Posada del Mar poolside room help

Hope it works out for you with the room. It would be nice to chill outside by the pool while the baby is napping :)

Southern California
Level Contributor
14,033 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Posada del Mar poolside room help

Stayed there last May and went through a booking agent not the hotel (the late Kathryn Blume) and explained I wanted new building ground floor due to mobility issues - got ground floor room 131 I think - just steps to the pool. The pool is graduated which is very nice. Met some folks at the bar who expressed surprise I was able to request and get ground floor, they had to take second floor but no idea who they booked through. It is a real nice place and Romy's bar is a great place to chill. Ate twice at their restaurant, not too bad with good people watching.

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
177 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Posada del Mar poolside room help

Thanks for the heads up 55vineyard! We booked through orbitz so they aren't going to be helpful as far as a room. I'll email the hotel and hope for the best. My trip won't be ruined if I don't get my preference!

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
177 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Posada del Mar poolside room help

Blah. I just looked at my confirmation and its new building one. Which I understand is furthest from the pool.

Washington DC
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Posada del Mar poolside room help

For that price I am not surprised that you don't get a great room location.

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
20,471 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Posada del Mar poolside room help

Yes, that one is set quite a bit back from the pool. I would not ask for ground level in that building because the old bar structure (unless they tore it down) could block your view. But actually at that price I'm surprised you got a new building at all. I would have thought they put you in the oldest main building.