We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach bathrooms

Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,935 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Beach bathrooms

Is there post with the best and worst beach bathroom. Do some cost pesos?

I assume the best is in your room!

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,568 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach bathrooms

On Playa Norte Sunset Grill has a nice bathrooms. So does Ixchel. Both are free. Elsewhere, Capitan Dulce has gorgeous bathrooms and so does Zama beach club.

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
206 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach bathrooms

The bathrooms at Garrafon Castilla are very clean but run-down. The doors on the stalls do not lock or close. There is toilet paper and soap, though--and separate changing rooms.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
44 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach bathrooms

Not sure about Sunset Grill but Ixchel bathrooms are for Ixchel guests only.

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,568 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach bathrooms

If they're paying for loungers on the beach at Ixchel they can use the bathroom. It's next to Kalak. In fact Beachlover posted recently that as long as you're eating there you can even use the pool. News to me but interesting to know.

Boise, ID
Level Contributor
450 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach bathrooms

Chimbo's bathrooms are not for the faint of heart.

Steamboat Springs...
Level Contributor
817 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach bathrooms

Also, no toilet seats at Garaffon de Castilla. While I think their bathrooms are clean and match the 'true mexico' vibe of the entire place (ie stuff is older but well kept and tidy for the most part), not having a toilet seat, or, not remembering there is not a toilet seat when you go to sit down always makes for a little squeal. Coming from experience. Especially if just coming in from the water. :)

I think I remember the bathrooms at Buho's not being all that great.

Not really a beach but worth mentioning- the bathrooms are very clean at Punta Sur but there is a 50 peso fee if I recall the price correctly. I like the foot-pedal flush, it keeps things sanitary.

Dulches bathrooms are indeed nice butt be forewarned of the squitos! Cover all exposed flesh! :)

Ontario
Level Contributor
7,168 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach bathrooms

If you're renting the loungers etc. from Sunset Grill you can use their bathrooms - and yes, they were quite nice.

Garrafon de Castilla..true, no toilet seats but it was pretty clean. SkiJax "makes for a little squeal" haha...after the one trip I took where about 1/2 of the places I went didn't have toilet seats I learned fast. Practice squats lol.

Punta Sur...those are ok too..there's 2 sets...one on the east side where the iguana statue and the vendors are and one by Acantildado. They were 5 pesos but if I had to go bad enough I'd pay 50 pesos? :-D

Sometimes when you need to go you need to go now and won't care if it's a good or bad toilet...I'm sure you could use just about any toilet for a price..I carry some coins in my pocket just in case.

Edited: 11 March 2014, 21:31
Steamboat Springs...
Level Contributor
817 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beach bathrooms

yeah WIBS, I re-did the math- 5 pesos it is.

Leg squats...I call it the "hover". Practice makes perfect!

Iowa
6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Beach bathrooms

Chimbo's are completely redone and very nice now.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beach bathrooms

The one at Tarzan's doubles as a toilet and also happens to be a direct portal to Hell.