We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The closer to vacay, the more obsessed I get with this forum

Steamboat Springs...
Level Contributor
819 posts
130 reviews
Save Topic
The closer to vacay, the more obsessed I get with this forum

Title says it all. I know I was absent on this forum for like 8 months after our last vacay; I only had time to read and check in here and there but no time to really post or contribute. I think part of that was wanting to be back on Isla so bad, the other part is just plain old hard work.

Now that my selling season is winding down, trip is booked, I find myself checking in here every day. "...Any new posts? Any new TRs? Let's read recent hotel reviews. Oh let's watch Chucho's videos on U-tube..."

Anything to get us back there sooner! It's ridiculous. I know. I need more trip reports dang it! With pictures!

:)

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
512 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The closer to vacay, the more obsessed I get with this forum

SkiJax- I know exactly how you feel! I started obsessing with this forum late last summer when my husband and I had an "aha" moment and realized we needed to plan a trip to Isla instead of going back to Cancun. I have scoured all the TR's, reviews, pictures and videos I could find. I kind of burned myself out around the end of the year but now that we're down to 55 days (woohoo!) I am once again pouring over this forum, taking notes and basically getting a whole lot of nothing else done, lol :)

I love all of this available info and awesome people on here that have contributed so much ( you being one of them- loved your reviews and photos, btw!) to helping us plan this much anticipated trip to paradise!

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
tulsa
Level Contributor
106 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The closer to vacay, the more obsessed I get with this forum

Here's a video from our first trip to Isla in December....every picture in this video is there because of something we learned on this forum...where to eat....what to eat...where to stay...the portion with all the people was from a TA get together organized here by Rick Stearns....enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZF-b5Li9YT8

also check out 'islaholics' and 'photoisla; on facebook...they are group extensions from here...with LOTS of gorgeous pictures!

Steamboat Springs...
Level Contributor
819 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The closer to vacay, the more obsessed I get with this forum

Dang, Rick Stearns got involved? How did I miss that?

51 days here Angie, thanks for the props! You're gonna love Isla. I try to post as many pics as I can on reviews. That reminds me, I do have several restaurants I need to review still from last year. Los Fuegitos being one of them :( The pictures still make my mouth water.

Ah well so many new places to try! Didn't need the new Mapchick but ordered it anyway. My old taped one now goes up on my office wall.

tulsa
Level Contributor
106 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The closer to vacay, the more obsessed I get with this forum

I heard Los Fuegitos has closed :(

new york
Level Contributor
20,751 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The closer to vacay, the more obsessed I get with this forum

Great pictures of the meet up and everything else, too, Mary :)

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
512 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The closer to vacay, the more obsessed I get with this forum

Mary- I love that video! Actually saw it a couple of weeks ago: my husband and I have been streaming Isla YouTube videos onto our big screen tv for the last several months and sit and watch them when we need to pacify ourselves during the countdown, lol :) He doesn't scour this forum like me but was cracking up whenever I recognized someone from TA and would shout " There's seashell! There's RickS! There's fotodude and Mrs. fotodude!" He said" how do you know these people?" Me- "Why, Trip advisor, of course!" Him- " I should have known :)"

I love the photoisla site and FB page- fotodude really has some amazing pictures!

SkiJax- yes, too many places to try! I know we'll never fit them all in during the week especially since we're staying at PA doing the AI. But I do have some absolute must do's on the list. I have broken in my MapChick map quite nicely now :) those maps are amazing; love that you have one on your office wall!

california
Level Contributor
204 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The closer to vacay, the more obsessed I get with this forum

I have a caribe on canvas calendar to see my familiar places and count down 54 days. I also bought an Isla Holic t-shirt from face book Friday to support isla animals. We so enjoyed our May vaca that we went came over for a week quickie in October to try and hold us over. My list is growing of all the things I want to do and explore this trip. This is the only way to survive - trip - to - trip !!!

St. Louis, Missouri
Level Contributor
4,891 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The closer to vacay, the more obsessed I get with this forum

I can totally relate - we still have a 19-week countdown.!!! But, I just received my new map, so I'm happily planning. Life is good...

Edon, Ohio
Level Contributor
222 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The closer to vacay, the more obsessed I get with this forum

I understand completely, only 5 more days and can't stay away from this forum either. So excited for our first trip there..

Steamboat Springs...
Level Contributor
819 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The closer to vacay, the more obsessed I get with this forum

Hence the frown about Los Fuegitos, I bet I can still write a TR though!!!

Not sure what you paid for your AI Angie but if you are even a slightly moderate eater you can get your value just based on breakfast and lunch or a few cocktails alone. We do AI at PA but still opt to go out for lunch or dinner everyday. I don't feel tied down to eating there at all, we just do it out of pure Isla laziness :) Then again, if you've scoured the forums like I have, you've already read this a hundred times. Ha!