We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Playa la Media Luna

up north
Level Contributor
1,390 posts
Save Topic
Playa la Media Luna

Curious why this hotel is not listed as one of the 35 hotels on Isla and doesnt have any reviews.

rhode island
Level Contributor
169 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Playa la Media Luna

type it in the box reviews w/ pics

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
20,642 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Playa la Media Luna

Has lots of reviews, Bernie

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g150810-d204940…

Potomac, Maryland
Level Contributor
879 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Playa la Media Luna

You have to look at the list for B&Bs/Inns and it is there. Not sure how they draw that line.

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
20,642 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Playa la Media Luna

Not sure how they draw the line either. Sometimes they mystify me. Like for instance, the Shell House is a B & B???? Since when? LOL.

up north
Level Contributor
1,390 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Playa la Media Luna

Thanks, i new it existed, but wouldnt have looked under B&B

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
20,642 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Playa la Media Luna

Does Media Luna even give you breakfast? Because obviously that's the whole point of being called a B & B.

Southern California
Level Contributor
14,240 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Playa la Media Luna

They used to give you breakfast, coffee, tea, juice, toast, pastries and yogurt and they served it a bit late. Not sure what they are doing these days, this was awhile ago.

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
20,642 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Playa la Media Luna

Thanks, 55vineyard. Doesn't sound like much of a breakfast for a B & B. Not when you consider what Casa Sirena and Villa la Bella give you. That's the type of breakfast a B & B should serve.

up north
Level Contributor
1,390 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Playa la Media Luna

They do offer continental breakfast. This place is a little odd. If you pay with a credit card they charge a 10% service fee. All the internet travel sites show no dates available, but they are thru hotel.

Southern California
Level Contributor
14,240 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Playa la Media Luna

TNY, I really do not consider Media Luna a B&B just because they serve a continental breakfast, think TA has misclassified them. I have also stayed at Maria del Mar and they also give you a ticket for a continental breakfast at Buho's which is coffee, orange juice and two pieces of toast or a sweet roll. One of the main things Maria del Mar has going for them over Media Luna is they have a bar and restaurant. OK a lot of the food at Buho's is not all that great, but at least it is there if you want a snack or something and don't feel like leaving the hotel. I haven't stayed at the two places you mention but have heard they are very good.