We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live from Rocamar day two

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,954 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Live from Rocamar day two

Last night we went to Brisas's grill on the water. We were there farily early and the band was just starting. The music and food was good. I had the grilled fish alihio (sp???) and loved it. It came on a mound of yellow rice, carrots, broccoli, grill, onions. One of the least expensive dishes at $140. The Mrs had the grilled lobster skewers, one of the pricier choices. Lol, but i got to finish it off.

The wifi in the room seems to work pretty good. Last night we sat on the balcony listening to the waves while steaming Netflix. We had to use our earbuds but could still hear the waves.

Today we headed north up Guerrero to La Cazuela M & J. I had the house special dish with tomatoes, mushrooms, spinach. It is made with goat cheese and was blazing hot when i got it. It was good but next time i would try an omelet. The Mrs had scramble eggs, fried mashed potatoes and bacon. She said they tasted just like at home. We also had a small and a large oj, no coffee. The total was $200 b4 tip.

Today we spent the day at Fenix, went snorkeling, drank, ate, swam, walked west part way, back to fenix for a beer and a nap. Food and drinks was good. Total was $510, no charge for the beds. $200 min food and drink purchase. Beer $30, other drinks about $80-$90. But the drinks are good and the beer cold.

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
429 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Live from Rocamar day two

Loving your trip reports. We will be there in 2 1/2 weeks! Brisas Grill is one of our favorites. Just wondering about Fenix, do they have umbrella with the beach beds?

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,954 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Live from Rocamar day two

Yes umbrella, table, and then they have some long bench type things that you can sit on the end of the bed and eat while looking out at the water. We chose to go sit up on the bar area to eat. This is still on the same bill, you pay at the end. Most people seemed to bit sitting on the beds chatting with the neighbors. Our you can just keep to yourself also. The music was not too loud, just right for me. It was nice not some loud bacarana stuff!

tulsa
Level Contributor
106 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Live from Rocamar day two

38 days til we arrive and we are staying at the Rocamor. Hopeful for a great view, that what we reserved anyway! Keep your reports coming....Fenix for a beach day is for sure!

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
10,286 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Live from Rocamar day two

We were just laughing the other day about the cazuelas--that while they are delicious the dish they are served in (also called a cazuela) is misleadingly shallow. Just the same, we love M&J and to us it has the feel of a local neighborhood breakfast place we might have at home--just with a Mexican flair.

5. Re: Live from Rocamar day two

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 March 2015, 05:15