We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another passport question

kmac000
Level Contributor
60 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Another passport question

My wife's passport still has her maiden name on it. It is still valid (not expired) but it has her maiden name. Anyway, because of this I booked the plane ticket in her maiden name instead of her married name so everything matches up. Everything should be cool, right?

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
23,447 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Another passport question

Yup, so long as passport and plane ticket match, you're good to go.

Just to kee things consistent, you should ensure that hotel reservations etc. are also in her maiden name .... or bring along a notarized copy of your marriage certificate, just in case (unlikely you'll need it but you never know).

kmac000
Level Contributor
60 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Another passport question

Thanks. I was starting to get paranoid about being turned away at the gate and having my vacation dreams shattered! I figured we were good to go, but just wanted to double-check.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
10,279 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Another passport question

You did the right thing. The most important thing is to have the passport match the airline tickets. That's why many brides travel on their honeymoon under their maiden name.

bemidji minnesota
Level Contributor
7,296 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Another passport question

We have booked my daughter in law's last three trips in her maiden name to match her passport. No issues.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,188 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Another passport question

"The most important thing is to have the passport match the airline tickets. That's why many brides travel on their honeymoon under their maiden name.

Interesting. I thought they did it that way so that if the honeymoon went badly it would be easier to start over and find a better husband.

Be aware that Delta Airline reportedly expects you to have six months validity left on your passport even though Mexico apparently does not require it.

Wyoming
Level Contributor
2,042 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Another passport question

I travelled for 6 yrs under my maiden name. Saw no reason to spend the money to renew my passport till it expired. Never had a problem. As has been said the name on the passport just has to match the name on the ticket.

boston
Level Contributor
91 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Another passport question

One other thing, make sure the passport is in good condition. No rips, not been washed, ect. This could prevent you from going,

long island, ny
Level Contributor
3,083 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Another passport question

I've been married over 20 years and still travel under my maiden name. Just never changed it on my passport. Never had an issue.

9. Re: Another passport question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2015, 05:16