We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

smart Thursday deals for Privilege Aluxes

Springfield...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
smart Thursday deals for Privilege Aluxes

So I am not booked for PA yet. This past year we went and stayed at Excellence Playa Mujeres and all I could think about was staying in Isla Mujeres. Well I got really spoiled at Excellence and have searched around and found PA to be just as amazing! Question though, does anyone know anything about their I-Smart deal section about how they have potential Thursday deals. They don't say much as to where to specifically look at for the deal. I'd LOVE to go here and am considering in early December because of the lower cost but I am wondering if its possible to get it even less with this deal they talk about.

Canada
Level Contributor
1,190 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: smart Thursday deals for Privilege Aluxes

I went in early December 2

Canada
Level Contributor
1,190 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: smart Thursday deals for Privilege Aluxes

Not sure what happened there... Anyways...

I went in early December 2013 on one of those deals and paid $150 AI all-inclusive for 2, a pretty good deal. You could book anytime and have the price updated if a deal comes up (deals are usually for the upcoming months). This method only works if you book directly through PA and not a third party.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
508 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: smart Thursday deals for Privilege Aluxes

If you like them on FB, they post the Thursday deals there. Also sign up for emails through their website and they send an email very early ( mine come through about 2am) of the day they post the sale.

They don't have them every Thursday, though and usually the sale is good for travel dates within the next 2 months or so of the posting. They do have a time frame the day of the sale in which you have to book, I think 12-4pm their time.

You can book early, then if they have a sale you want to take advantage of, you can cancel and rebook through the sale. I was leery of doing this but it saved my husband and I almost $500 on a Honeymoon Suite AI. This was a 40% off sale they had for traveling during the time we had booked plus 15% early booking bonus. ( they have a great cancellation policy, so you wouldn't be charged for canceling that far ahead)

We will be there for the first time in May and I can't even begin to describe how excited we are!

Good luck - hopefully you can get a great deal as well :)

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
374 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: smart Thursday deals for Privilege Aluxes

So what kind of deposit is required & if you book & cancel to get a better rate how fast do they refund your first booking?

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,705 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: smart Thursday deals for Privilege Aluxes

Today's deal:

5 All Inclusive nights in our Superior Room for two with daily AROMATHERAPY

"Aphrodisiac Dinner"

One day tour at Chichen Itza, the ancient Mayan City.

Lastly, we'll greet you on arrival with fruit & sparkling wine.

Today: 1099.00 USD

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
508 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: smart Thursday deals for Privilege Aluxes

No deposit, you pay the full balance upon arrival. Our cancellation was immediate. We actually booked the new reservation first to make sure it went through, then canceled the first one immediately after. My husband also emailed them to make sure we got the sale. They are quick to respond to emails. We did keep copies of both bookings and the canceled one to have with us at check in, just to be safe. .

7. Re: smart Thursday deals for Privilege Aluxes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2015, 05:15