We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Credit cards

Durham, North...
Level Contributor
502 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Credit cards

While I fully intend to use pesos on our trip, I am just wondering if we could list out restaurants that accept credit cards?

Thanks!!

Harrisburg PA
Level Contributor
228 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Credit cards

An oft cited concern....

Sheesh, I don't know which establishments accept cards, but there's a more fundemental issue: There are so many possible inconveniences that can result from using CC's, why even consider them? I mean, it's one thing to have one for emergencies, but do yourself a favor and prepare to pay for everything in Pesos .... a whole lot easier and less dangerous in the long run.

Now, I know lotsa folks will give you lotsa reasons why CC's are just fine, but do you really need the hassle when they're not?

Wyoming
Level Contributor
2,047 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Credit cards

Never use cc while here, but these places take them

Bahia Tortuga

Rolandi's

Oscar's

That's all I know about...

Edited: 13 April 2014, 18:03
Harrisburg PA
Level Contributor
228 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Credit cards

(I've been known to make sense on occasion.)

Durham, North...
Level Contributor
502 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Credit cards

I just figured it was good to know incase I run out if pesos the last night. Figured if that happened it would be better to use a cc than usd.

Harrisburg PA
Level Contributor
228 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Credit cards

Frankly, I would use USD instead of a CC. True, you'll lose the beneficial Peso rate, but you'll lose more with a CC.

Moral: Don't use a CC unless you absolutely have to.

Edited: 13 April 2014, 18:56
Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,963 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Credit cards

Sardinian Smile takes them also. I think the Argentinian steak house did also but not sure. I never used one.

I think more and more places are accepting them. Of coarse the smaller places won't.

Olathe, Kansas
Level Contributor
1,772 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Credit cards

I would assume that the restaurants at PA will accept them.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
41,756 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Credit cards

I have seen places take them, but many add extra to your bill for using the credit card, so it won't be the same as just using pesos - you will lose $$ on the deal. I would check prior to using your card.

Durham, North...
Level Contributor
502 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Credit cards

Thanks! I didn't realize they would add more to the bill for using a CC. I really don't intend to use one. And we are staying AI at Privilege, so if I did run out of pesos, I can still just eat there. Im at that exciting point of where it is allllmost vacation time and I am over planning and considering things.

Corner Brook, Canada
Level Contributor
444 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Credit cards

We have always used our credit card in Mexico including Isla Mujeres. In the last 6 years we have never has an issue and have never been charged extra for using our card. Most cards today have fraud protection and we take a lower limit card and notify the bank before we travel. We also prefer to use pesos but if we find we are getting short or the bill is high we use our card.

Lori