We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach massage

Durham, North...
Level Contributor
502 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Beach massage

I know this has come up before. But I don't see a very recent one. Just wondering which beach massage vendor is your favorite and what did you spend? Last time I was there I got one immediately to the left of Privilege, and while it was a decent massage, the face thing on the table broke and I ended up being a bit uncomfortable during it. So I might try somewhere new this time around. We are also staying the beginning of our trip at Marias Kan-kin. They wont have them available there, will they? We should wait until we move to Privilege?

Grayslake, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,809 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach massage

Do they still have the beach massage people or are they "mobile vendors"? I wonder.

Durham, North...
Level Contributor
502 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach massage

Ohhh good question! I didn't think about that. I hope they are still there!

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
10,227 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach massage

My wife swears by the massage tent just to the Ixchel Beach side of Chimbo's. They have charged something like $30 and her massages have always been longer than promised. She particularly likes the way they address specific issues like sore spots or chronic back problems rather than giving everyone the same massage.

USA
Level Contributor
785 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach massage

Oh - I need to know this also!!! I am hoping to get a massage in May on the beach but I wonder if they are considered mobile vendors also - hopefully someone who's there now or has been recently will answer.

5. Re: Beach massage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 April 2014, 17:05
Harrisburg PA
Level Contributor
228 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach massage

Not Fair!

I was giving information that reflects actual events that folks should know about.

Not Fair!

Is the intent here only to convey info that matches the guide book?

My understanding is that discussions here involve all reasonable aspects of life on Isla.

Not Fair!

Anyone interested in my posting, please email me.

Edited: 15 April 2014, 17:09
Freeport, Illinois
Level Contributor
187 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach massage

When we were there a couple of weeks ago, we were at a beach club by Ixchel and we were approached several times daily by the "massage vendors". I believe they were from the tent in front of Ixchel. This was after all vendors had been banned from the beach. We didn't go to the beach by PA so don't know if they were offering massages over there.

Isla Mujeres, Mexico
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Beach massage

Spa Zenter right next to Maria's Kan Kin does massages at the end of the pier right over the water, but their minimum is 60 minutes I believe.

Wyoming
Level Contributor
2,042 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beach massage

The beach massage people are still there...FYI it is a point of contention with the mobile vendors who were removed according to an article in the Por Esto.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
10,227 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beach massage

I suppose the "gray area" is that many of these massage vendors are attached or semi-attached to beachfront resorts or other permanent businesses. But where do you draw the line? I would assume nobody is treating the beach clubs that provide drink service to guests of properties like Ixchel Beach as "beach vendors." But if Ixchel's massage tent was classified as a "beach vendor," wouldn't that go for Kalak as well? Sounds like a nightmare.