We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ginger Ale

Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Franklin, Texas
Level Contributor
98 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Ginger Ale

Hi all!

I like to take ginger pills and drink some ginger ale for seasickness. We are going fishing and a whale shark tour. Have you found/seen ginger ale at stores on Isla? Thanks!

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,666 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ginger Ale

I never look for it since I don't like it but Chedraui has such huge selection of soft drinks I'm sure they have ginger ale.

Edmonton, Alta.
Level Contributor
1,787 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ginger Ale

Canada Dry ginger ale is sold in the stores at Cancun. I don't know about Isla. Isla Mujeres Palace has Canada Dry ginger ale in the in-room fridge, so I would think they would have it on the island.

New Carlisle, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,168 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ginger Ale

I bought some anti-nausea ginger gum from amazon.com for our whale shark tour last summer. Worked like a charm and took hardly any space in our carry-on luggage.

Wyoming
Level Contributor
2,042 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ginger Ale

I have seen Canada Dry ginger ale at Chedraui. Hope that works for you. I understand that while absolutely awesome the whale shark tours can be a little rough.

Fotodude, how rough was it? I won't try it cause I get sick on the ferry, let alone in one of those boats.

Edited: 18 April 2014, 23:43
Washington DC
Level Contributor
1,677 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ginger Ale

Canada Dry does contain a significant amount of ginger. You should be able to buy ginger root at a market on IM.

Texas
Level Contributor
353 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ginger Ale

Chedraui has it!

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,689 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ginger Ale

I have seen Schweppes Ginger Ale in many OXXO stores. Funny thing was the first time I found it, it was with the alcoholic drinks. I suppose they saw the word ALE and assumed it was alcoholic. My Mexican friends had never heard of it.

Washington DC
Level Contributor
1,677 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ginger Ale

I meant to say that Canada Dry has NO significant ginger but the new screen for posting that was pushing Facebook sign ins and asking for new passwords flumoxed me. Trip Advisor should cut that out!

Edmonton, Alta.
Level Contributor
1,787 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ginger Ale

Canada Dry ginger ale does have real ginger in it, however it is listed as part of the natural flavors. Here is what they say : Carbonated Water, Sugar/Glucose-Fructose, Citric Acid, Natural Flavour, Sodium Benzoate, Colour. In their little write-up they state that their ginger ale has “100% natural flavours, including real ginger”.

“How much real ginger is in Canada Dry ginger ale?” and the answer: “That information is part of our proprietary formula and is not divulged.”

Edmonton, Alta.
Level Contributor
1,787 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ginger Ale

Just read more on ginger ale products and most do not contain significant amounts. Better to use Gravol with ginger as it does not have any gravol in it -at least the ones in Canada.