We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather....again.

Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
Level Contributor
261 posts
Save Topic
Weather....again.

I know some of you are probably tired of my posts regarding the upcoming weather conditions. If so, sorry you feel that way. But, I have been following it closely over the last 48 hours in preparation for our travel on 6/8. For anyone else with similar plans, I have included the latest link with information from the NHC. http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/gtwo_epac.shtml

It doesn't look good at all for the next 5-7 days.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather....again.

Rather strange how most of the weather services I am checking are providing much more positive outlooks than they were two days ago. Weather.com, accuweather and weather underground are all still predicting rain but not the near unanimous 100% chances they had for Tuesday through Sunday of next week. There is another service(myforefast?) that someone has been recommending that went from tons of rainto a few scattered showers. On thing I don't completely understand is how much of the storm on the pacific side will carry over to the gulf/Atlantic side of Mexico.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
40,878 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather....again.

Thanks Tex for the Link

It is a strange start to this season's H Season

Texas
Level Contributor
261 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather....again.

I guess the big question is whether or not it will move north or not. And if so, how fast. I agree that most services seem to be backing off of their prediction of an actual TS.......except the NHC. Their most recent forecast, which is the one I linked, has been the worst yet. We (group of 8) had just about decided we are "all in" after seeing the other services downgrade predictions just slightly. But now I'm not so sure. I guess we will watch and wait. Not an easy thing to do for us since all 4 couples have small kids and MUCH was put into planning this trip without kiddos. Bummer for us.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
40,878 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather....again.

Understand

I do one storm at a time so waiting for the current showers to dissipate and then want to see the Sunday, June 1st report from Crown Weather or other sites

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
4,865 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather....again.

Coming down real hard tonight....Streets will definitely be flooded manana..

Texas
Level Contributor
261 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather....again.

@Vancouver would you mind relaying what the Crown forecasters report? It would be greatly appreciated.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
40,878 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather....again.

Here is the latest one from Crown this morning

they take about the possible storm forming in the Pacific that might travel inland next week and impact us

Crown Weather Stations reports

ambergriscaye.com/forum/…

Sunday, June 1, 2014 7:54 am

There is currently a trough of low pressure that extends from the Bay of Campeche northward into the southern and central Gulf of Mexico this morning. This is going to be the area to watch throughout this week as the model guidance is pretty consistent now in showing tropical development across the Bay of Campeche or the southern Gulf of Mexico sometime between Wednesday and Sunday.

As I have been mentioning since mid-May, the weather pattern throughout this week will promote an environment that is favorable for tropical development first in the far eastern Pacific early this week with these favorable environmental conditions spreading into the Bay of Campeche starting around Wednesday or Thursday and continuing into next weekend.

Level Contributor
273 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather....again.

Visited Isla the first 10 days in June lasy year and 5 of the first 10 it rained on and off and sometimes heavy with flooding but you have to make the most of your precious vacation. Your in the tropics and it does rain so shop, eat, visit locals bars and have a drink and chat with them (it's fun) and eat again, relax and remember YOU make your vacation so have fun and don't sweat the little things!! Oh yes bring a rain poncho.

Raleigh, North...
14 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather....again.

I think why's coming next week is more than regular on and off rain and what is usual for the tropics. Texbeach I feel your pain. Tropical Storm Boris doesn't look good. We are considering postponing a week.

Texas
Level Contributor
261 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather....again.

Definitely not just a summer shower. Our group has decided to wait until Tuesday to make a call on whether or not to postpone. We decided if there is a glimmer of hope at all that we might get to see any sun......we are still going. We know we are going to have to endure rain, but it's just so difficult for us all to re-schedule that we might just take our chances. There is still such conflicting reports that it's tough to make a call either way. The only common theme is rain, just not how much rain!!