We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Update on Isla Mujeres

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,867 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
Update on Isla Mujeres

I'm sure this thread will be deleted but until then, I hope many will see it. TA Dan posted in the HUMTAB forum thread on separating the forums and this is what he said:

Hi all,

As some have noticed, we have separated Playa Mujeres from Isla Mujeres, but the Playa Mujeres forum threads have not moved out of the Isla Mujeres forums as they were supposed to. This is not intentional. We are currently investigating and hope to have this resolved as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience.

Dan

So we've gained back our independence and it will take a bit of time to sort out the threads issue but it will be resolved and the PM threads will go back to where they belong.

A big round of applause to everyone who helped voice their concern and to TA for listening!

Isla Mujeres, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,639 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Update on Isla Mujeres

And a big round of applause for you, TNY! Thanks for your ingenuity in starting a thread that would help resolve the issue and for your persistence in keeping it going and added to by IMForum participants. A stellar, applause-worthy job and thanks again!

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,867 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Update on Isla Mujeres

Everyone helped and WIBS' thread on un-merging (is that a word?) the hotels was also a huge help as was everyone who contacted TA, posted on threads and in general voiced their concern for the fate of a forum they love.

Meadow Lands...
Level Contributor
1,763 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Update on Isla Mujeres

Wow! What a relief! THANK YOU!

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,867 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Update on Isla Mujeres

A perfect gift for the 4th of July :)

Ontario
Level Contributor
7,206 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Update on Isla Mujeres

Excellent. :-D

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,867 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Update on Isla Mujeres

It reaffirmed my fate in TA that they do listen :)

Ontario
Level Contributor
7,206 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Update on Isla Mujeres

ITA Traveler Lady. I was very pleased to see a ‘face’ (so to speak) from TA come out and address the issue with us. Thanks TA_Dan. I’m also really happy to see the forum returning to its original format. :-D

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
39,263 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Update on Isla Mujeres

Thanks TNY - I had sent a message as well . . . but never heard back. I hope they can get it all figured out and get it back to the way it was, which worked perfectly fine. Thanks again for all your help! :)

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,867 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Update on Isla Mujeres

Everyone was so great about expressing their concern. It all contributed to TA listening. Everyone deserves a big Thank You :)

Now I hope the threads get moved fast because it's hard to find any Isla threads amongst all the PM ones. It's like looking for a needle in a haystack, lol.

Southwest Michigan
Level Contributor
2,318 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Update on Isla Mujeres

"Now I hope the threads get moved fast because it's hard to find any Isla threads amongst all the PM ones. It's like looking for a needle in a haystack, lol."

Oh boy, I hope to!! It is very frustrating to try to sort it out :(.