We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mapchick Maps

Raleigh
Level Contributor
318 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Mapchick Maps

I purchased a map last year and loved it.

Some of the restaurants are now closed and new ones popping up.

We're headed back in October, could there be a new map by then?

United States
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
10,216 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mapchick Maps

Contact them directly and ask.

https://store.cancunmap.com

Texas Gulf Coast...
Level Contributor
6,323 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mapchick Maps

Penni, as you noted some of the restaurants may have closed and new ones opening up in their place. While their name may not be correct on your year-old map, it still shows a restaurant at the same locale.

I have Mapchick's Cancun map from about 6 or 7 years ago. Same thing; a name may have changed here or there, but in general there is still a hotel / resort or restaurant in the same location; maybe just new owners. I still carry my 'older' map as it is timeless imo.

Se diviertan!

Shawnee, Kansas
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Mapchick Maps

As I am leaving the island, I just give my maps to some newbie couple/group that just arrived. Seems like the Isla thing to do. That way, I just HAVE to order a new one for the next trip!

Potomac, Maryland
Level Contributor
880 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mapchick Maps

Mapchick usually has a page of updates on her website, so you can write in the new info until the next one is out.

Level Contributor
529 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mapchick Maps

Spurrs, I think that's a great habit! I used to leave mine at the hotel, laying around.

Rocklin, California
Level Contributor
64 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mapchick Maps

I just received my set in the mail last week. They appear to have been updated in 2013 and there was a paper with recent updates included in the package as well. I LOVE these maps...such a great resource for planning :)

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
49 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mapchick Maps

I was looking on the Mapchick website, for the IM map updates but I couldn't locate it. I purchased my maps last year, but going back next month, so an update would be appreciated. If anyone can point me in the right direction to get these updates, it would be greatly appreciated.

These maps are THE BEST by the way. Very well done, and I used them every day while there.

Potomac, Maryland
Level Contributor
880 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mapchick Maps

I have to say, I looked all over the site and couldn't find them, but when I googled it using some names I knew had changed, it came up: www.mapchick.com/Islamujeresupdates.pdf

It looks as if she is redesigning the site and things are getting moved around a bit. She is on here frequently so I'm sure she will advise if there is anything more recent available.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
49 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mapchick Maps

Much appreciated TCRH, looks like it could be the update LaGata916 was speaking of.

Can't wait to try a few of the new restaurants!

10. Re: Mapchick Maps

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2015, 05:16