We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I have used Budget

Which Merida hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
40 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
I have used Budget

I have used Budget, it was next to Casa de Balam, but I think that little local has closed and the office is in Fiesta Americana now.

I wrecked their car and I did not take the insurance. They were very helpful and got me another car quickly. I paid the damages on my credit card (and used the credit card insurance to get reimbursed). They were very helpful in speaking with the credit card insurance staff.

I can't recall the first name of the man that was so very helpful, it was not the owner but the man that was the manager of the Casa del Balam plaza location(to the left of the barber shop). His last name was pool xool.

The rates were about the same as every one else's, but the service was superb.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I have used Budget

This is nice to hear!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I have used Budget

This is nice to hear!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I have used Budget

Did I mention I stutter?

Merida, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Merida, Chichen Itza
Level Contributor
2,510 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I have used Budget

Wow! A real first! Nice to have some positive input on car rentals!

5. Re: I have used Budget

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 15:18