We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus route schedule - Progreso/Merida Paseo Montejo

Connecticut
Level Contributor
42 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Bus route schedule - Progreso/Merida Paseo Montejo

Is there a bus that goes directly from Progreso and stops along Paseo Montejo or do you need to go the the bus station in Merida and switch over to another bus? Trying to decide whether to rent a car or if the bus system will work for us. Thanks for your help.

Merida, Mexico
Level Contributor
863 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus route schedule - Progreso/Merida Paseo Montejo

The buses from Progreso go south on Calle 62, you can get off and walk two blocks east. To head back to Progreso, the go north up Calle 60 - one block from the Paseo Montejo.

oregon
Level Contributor
94 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus route schedule - Progreso/Merida Paseo Montejo

I took this bus when I was in Merida a couple of weeks ago and found it very easy and convenient. It runs about every 15 minutes and you can flag it down anywhere on calles 60 and 62 depending on whether you are going to or from Progreso. You don't need advance tickets as you can pay the driver directly if you don't get on at the bus station. As I recall, the fare was about 15 pesos one way.

3. Re: Bus route schedule - Progreso/Merida Paseo Montejo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 09:22