We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Progreso Beach

Montreal
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Progreso Beach

We are from Canada and have been living full time in Progreso for 5 years.

The mayor has set up an action committe of which I am chairman to help the town with promotion and attract more North American and European visitors.

We have a great beach, great weather, low prices for meals and accommodations,near Mayan ruins and lots of flamingos.

And our people are teh friendliest in Mexico.

We would appreciate any advise we could get to help us.

Federal Way, WA
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Progreso Beach

I am shopping for a place to retire and would appreciate any real estate listings you can provide. This would be a great addition to your Progresso site.

Vancouver, BC
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Progreso Beach

I am from vancouver, canada and am coming to merida/progresso in Feb 05 to look for property. Do you have a web site i can look up. I have a few realtors in mind in Merida that i will be contacting but do you have suggestions?

canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Progreso Beach

hi

there is nothing listed with any of the travel books here, such as sunquest, signature vacations etc, this might be a start to get people there.also we are going to the reef yucatan ai in feb can you tell us if we arrive at 9 at night what kind of transportation there is to the hotel for 5 people ,cost , etc we do not want to be seperated do they have taxi vans,what is the weather like that time of year and what is the water color there. what would you go see , shopping best places, any information you could give us would be greatly apprec. thank you pistol

Yukon
Level Contributor
119 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Progreso Beach

Pecuspete where is your b and b? Old backpackers are interested. Married couple, 59.5 and 63.0. U.S. citizens. Will be in Merida on Sunday Jan. 16th. Going to Uxmal and C. Itza

Please respond. Swift7

Cambridge, Canada
Level Contributor
75 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Progreso Beach

Hola

Parlez-vous fran��ais? I plan on spending the month of July in Mexico; I want to take a course for one or two weeks and live with a family. I was thinking Merida and / or Guanajuato. What do you think ? any suggestions? How far is Progreso Beach from Merida? Should I spend more time in the region of Merida? Do you have a B&B? Price? Should I do Guanajuato first and then Merida?

Is it safe for a woman travelling alone?

Merci / Gracias

Raymonde (Windsor, Ontario)

Montreal
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Progreso Beach

Pecus Pete here. I'll try and answer the questiosn that have been posed.

We operate a small hotel called Casa Isidora in Progreso. We have a web site.

When in Progreso stop in and we can talk about anything you need. Be careful of real estate web sites. Prices tend to be overinflated as they are selling to North Americans. I can help direct you if you contact me directly at info@casaisidora.com.

Merida and Progres are very safe onAmerican and Canadian standards. Great wather and very friendly people.

New Haven, CT
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Progreso Beach

Hello--

I am very interested in purchasing a retirement/vacation home in the area. I can't decide whether I want the beach scene (Progreso) or Merida. I would like to know what the social life is like for English speakers in both places. I am single, so don't want to wind up in a situation in which I have no community of English speaking folks. Also, do you have advice on connecting with real estate agents? I have checked a few sites, but don't know how reliable they are.

Thanks.

Sharon

Peachland, B.C.
12 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Progreso Beach

Hi. Sounds like a lot of canadians have the same idea. HAve been researching places tostay like crazy. From Celustun to Rio lagartos. My 6 year old son and I are coming onthe 12 of March and staying until the 2 April. We would really like a homestay for a week or so until my husband joins us then I think we will go to telchac puerto. With an only child its always hard to find playmates. Yo hablo espanol mas o menos! Any ideas. I have noticed many marketing mistakes in my week of research. Since that is my forte perhaps I can be of some assistance when we arrive or send me your email

Pedra

Peachland, B.C.
12 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Progreso Beach

Actually the part about many marketing mistakes is not so true. Perhaps I am just being negative thinking of you basking in the sun and having to wait another 6 weeks! Many mistakes I saw were on individual sites. I have recieved information from the vacationrental people directly like meridainsider. Yuca tan today is pretty good but there is little info on the Celustun to Rio Lagartos area unless you dig and dig and ask everyone you email. The links are weak and even trip advisor had nothing on the whole area until I started asking. Love to talk to you more about this. If there was a school I could put the kid in I'd be there tomorrow. Your own site is nice I got to it once I think from yucatan today but have been unable to pull it up again. Is it goofy to think we can have a relaxing holiday during semana santa? Even in Telchac Puerto?

Peachland, B.C.
12 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Progreso Beach

I seem to only be able to access your website from mexico online. Am interested in tesol course as well as accommodation as above March 12 April 2. There appears to be a tesol course in kelowna march 2-8 which would work out wonderfully. any more info on that?