We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking Bus Tickets online from Cancun to Merida

Which Merida hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edmonton AB
2 posts
Save Topic
Booking Bus Tickets online from Cancun to Merida

I am needing some help, I made my way through the ado website to but my tickets online, however when I got to the end and entered my credit card, it didn't go through. Anyone have any suggestions?

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
5,925 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking Bus Tickets online from Cancun to Merida

Are you travelling at a particularly busy time, like Easter?

If not, I'd just buy the ticket at the bus station when you arrive. (In my limited experience, I've never yet encountered a full bus in Mexico.) Bonus, if your plane is late, you won't have to worry about missing your pre-paid bus; just catch the next available one. There are plenty.

Merida, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Merida, Chichen Itza
Level Contributor
2,488 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking Bus Tickets online from Cancun to Merida

I second the emotion. Buy tickets when you arrive, for the same reasons given above, unless of course you are traveling on Christmas day or during Easter. Summer months are also busier with school out and more Mexicans traveling within Mexico.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,415 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking Bus Tickets online from Cancun to Merida

I agree with the above. I buy early but for another reason. I use my INAPAM discount and most of the time only 5 of those seats per bus and during busy times , 2 to 3. I have been on full buses but not usually the case.

boston,ma.
Level Contributor
533 posts
285 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking Bus Tickets online from Cancun to Merida

I'm arriving Dec. 27 with 7 people. I ws planning on buying tickets at the airport . I'm nervous about buying advance tix because the airlines keep changing my arrival time. I hope I don't run into a problem.

5. Re: Booking Bus Tickets online from Cancun to Merida

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 03:17