We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Changes to "Merida en Domingo"

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,720 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
Changes to "Merida en Domingo"

Time for this subject to get its own header....Looks like the changes we've been writing about for the past few days have been changed again and that Parque Santa Lucia is going to be the center of most activity. Merida en Domingo will now take place there, as will the Monday activities, "Lunes de Vaqueria." This will all be on a "week-by-week" basis as construction continues. So far no further mention of the discoveries made during those diggings.

As usual, we;re stayng at La Luz...We'll see if all of this makes our trip even better than usual....

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,119 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Changes to "Merida en Domingo"

Do you have a place where we can read about the changes? A link would be appreciated. Really hate to see them do this to Santa Lucia . I always go there to avoid the main square on Sunday.

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,720 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Changes to "Merida en Domingo"

The link I use is "yucatan.com.mx." , which will take you to "La Portada", one of several online Spanish language newspapers. Also if anyone is wondering about the food vendors, etc....they will continue to gather up and down Calle 60. And like us, if you're interested in the dancing, that will continue as before in Santa Lucia. I have no idea where that will place Sabrina, but I guess you'll let us know, RSDF.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,119 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Changes to "Merida en Domingo"

Really, things will have to be sized down. I dont think everything will fit in the small park. Hope they make accomodations for the long time vendors there for Sabrina and others who are such a part of the scene there.

Thanks for the link. I look at many Spanish newspapers but not that one.

Cape Cod
Level Contributor
1,956 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Changes to "Merida en Domingo"

yucatan.com.mx is the web site for the Diario de Yucatan. "La Portada" I believe refers to front page or entrance to the site Best site for news about Yucatan, in my opinion.

Merida, Yucatan
Level Contributor
1,733 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Changes to "Merida en Domingo"

If you understand Spanish, you can look at …merida.gob.mx/serviciosinternet/AdmonConten…

and to keep the theme of cemeteries going, Mayan human remains were found in Parque Hidalgo (corner of 59 & 60), see …merida.gob.mx/serviciosinternet/AdmonConten…

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,720 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Changes to "Merida en Domingo"

Thanks for that link, L_I_Y. Looks to be a very good news source for Merida....

Merida, Yucatan
Level Contributor
1,733 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Changes to "Merida en Domingo"

Today's newspaper says that all the work in the Plaza Grande will be finished by the 16th. Sounds good!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,261 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Changes to "Merida en Domingo"

December 16? That would be amazing!

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,119 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Changes to "Merida en Domingo"

Yes it would be. Suppose they are trying to get all ready for your arrival, evening.

I did see parts of the fence around th plaza were down yesterday and it looks amost complete.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
794 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Changes to "Merida en Domingo"

Crossing my fingers! (we arrive Dec. 17th!)

Get answers to your questions about Merida