We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mayan Coffee?

Which Merida hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Denver
Level Contributor
113 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Mayan Coffee?

Hi, my Mom and I are in Merida this week and am wondering if anyone knows of a restaurant with great food (near Centro) where they also serve Mayan coffee with a shot of Xtabentun perhaps? I know it's a bit touristy (maybe too Cancun-ish?) but so yummy! LOVE Merida by the way! Thanks!

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,699 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mayan Coffee?

That is a bit Cancunish so you likely would have to go to touristy place for Mayan Coffee. such as Panchos or La Parranda, both in the center. Of course, many would be happy to put a shot of Xtabentun in your coffee.

Merida, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Merida, Chichen Itza
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mayan Coffee?

Chaya Maya for great food and I am sure they can make you that coffee. Which IS good. Enjoy!

Denver
Level Contributor
113 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mayan Coffee?

Thanks everyone...I thought it may be Cancunish as I said! LOL...we loved Chaya Maya and the Cafe Americano was delicious anyway. I have my own bottle of Xtabentun to spike my coffee anyway:)

Merida, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Merida, Chichen Itza
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mayan Coffee?

If you are staying in Merida, buy a pint or more of coconut ice cream from Sorbeteria Colon and put it in your freezer. Eat that with a splash of Xtabentun on it for a very delicious little treat!

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,699 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mayan Coffee?

Wish you wouldnt tell us things like that. I have enough bad habits already! But thanks.

boston,ma.
Level Contributor
533 posts
284 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mayan Coffee?

That sounds like a bad habit worth pursuing.

Denver
Level Contributor
113 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mayan Coffee?

Yummmm...thanks again Bill, we will try it!

8. Re: Mayan Coffee?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 December 2012, 10:18