We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Days in Merida

Which Merida hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mahopac, New York
Level Contributor
42 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Days in Merida

We finally decided to visit Merida this year. How may days do we need to see Merida

Merida, Yucatan
Level Contributor
1,723 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Days in Merida

Somewhere between 2 (if you only want to stay in the city) and 7 if you plan to go to ruins, haciendas, birdwatching.

If you post more details about yourself, your overall schedule and what you are looking to do, I'm sure you'll get more definite responses.

Merida, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Merida, Chichen Itza
Level Contributor
2,510 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Days in Merida

About 11 and a half.

London
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Days in Merida

Depends on your plans, 2 or 3 to see Merida itself but if you use Merida as a base to see other places, obviously you need longer.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,023 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Days in Merida

I like 11 and a half. Thats very precise!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,041 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Days in Merida

Depends on YOU. We know nothing about you. Hence, the unanswerable question.

For me, I give Merida the entire vacation.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
421 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Days in Merida

11 and a half seems about right. That's when it starts setting in: not leaving!

Cape Cod
Level Contributor
1,910 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Days in Merida

What's amazing is "eleven and a half" is about the length of my usual stay in Merida.

Ontario
Level Contributor
218 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Days in Merida

While 11 and a half might seem slightly tongue in cheek I can assure you its about right! I have never been to Merida for more than 2 to 4 days but it never seems long enough. If you are a first time visitor, you will see the central square, some of the museums and buildings etc. After a few days of sightseeing it hits you.... I belong here! Then you are off to another locale and later home to America, Canada or elsewhere. You will be dreaming of your next visit. I promise. The food, the culture, the people, it will capture your heart.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,363 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Days in Merida

We stayed in Merida for only 5 days. We walked and walked and experienced a lot of the city but really didn't even "scratch" it. I loved Merida and would certainly go back. It was vibrant, colourful, cultural, friendly, relaxing but it is a busy little city-lots of great restaurants and markets and out of the way museums (We loved the Cather museum and the archaeology musem) I never ever got the gist of the streets. I found the numbers going both ways really confusing. There is a lot to experience there. To suggest the days you need really depends what kind of traveler you are.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,224 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Days in Merida

Ive just come back from my 2nd trip (4 nights in Merida - 3 in Campeche - 3 in Merida) and am ready to go back. 11.5 sounds about right!

I finally "got" the streets - only took 2 trips. I mean, intellectually I understood the streets last trip, but this trip, they came naturally. It makes checking out all of those real estate listings much easier (yes, Merida has gotten under my skin!)

suitcaseready.com