We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging Choice in Merida - Which Rooms -

Which Merida hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
52 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Lodging Choice in Merida - Which Rooms -

We've been reading through the forum for hotel ideas - we checked out Hacienda Merida, but there seems to be two different room types (enter website on the left for one type, enter on right for another).

Has anyone stayed here, and would you recommend the regular hotel rooms here, or the VIP rooms accessed by clicking on the right...??

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,357 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodging Choice in Merida - Which Rooms -

Do you mean "Hotel Hacienda Merida"? www.hotelhaciendamerida.com

We stayed here in the summer of 2009. It was a beautiful little hotel. Our room was upstairs and faced the pool. The place was a great getaway from sightseeing in the city. The pool was welcoming and the folks who worked there were great too. They make a good breakfast too. We would be out all day and it would be so welcoming to come back and have a drink and a dip in the pool before heading out for dinner. Perhaps there are many different kinds of rooms but ours was gorgeous-big room with a king bed - big huge closet with a safe - big deck with two hammocks and a nice big bedroom. I remember that we thought the cost was reasonable as well. Merida is a lovely city but it's noisy and busy. We loved it there. We stayed for about 4 days before renting a car and touring around the "Ruta Puuc". It was a great trip.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,357 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodging Choice in Merida - Which Rooms -

I just visited the site and I see what you mean. There must be two locations. The one on the left looks like the one we stayed in. The one on the right says it's their "new" hotel yet the photo on the right of the Left one is a picture of the one we stayed in - oh, that's really confusing! It looks like the new one doesn't have a pool. The one we were in, and recommend, has a pool. If you want, I can try to dig up our plans for that trip to see about the address. The one we stayed in was beautiful and the new one does look beautiful too.

Edited: 21 January 2012, 00:09
Merida
Destination Expert
for Merida
Level Contributor
1,401 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lodging Choice in Merida - Which Rooms -

There are two buildings on the same street, one house apart. They are both similar homes renovated by the same people. They look very similar. ONe used to be their house, but I guess they have just annexed it as part of the hotel. Its a beautiful space!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,222 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lodging Choice in Merida - Which Rooms -

The VIP part is new since I stayed at Hacienda Merida last June.

Stayed in the room on the ground floor in the back - loved it! The room is a little small, but I was only there for 1 night between Uxmal and going back to Cancun so it was fine. I love the pool area. When I have my colonial in Merida, I want that same style pool, the colonade with the white blowing curtains and the same polished concrete bathroom. The minute I arrived I could tell the place was owned by French people - it just has that style.

Im sure you cant go wrong with either.

suitcaseready.com

5. Re: Lodging Choice in Merida - Which Rooms -

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 April 2013, 10:20