We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Van from CUN to Merida...

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,765 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
Van from CUN to Merida...

We just took it. Arrived just in time to catch the last one of the day, 5pm. Thought I'd post this because there seems to be some confusion about it. First, not a van in the traditional sense. 5 rows of seats, 2 on one side, 1 on the other, and ample room in the back for luggage. Might be a bit tight if full, but ours wasn't - 9 of us, 4 couples and a single. A bit more expensive to go from the airport, but I figure it saved us between 1-1 1/2 hours instead of going downtown. Also, the driver stops for bathroom breaks at both of the cuotas. No, not as comfy as the bus, but we'd definitely do it again if needed. Hope this might help someone else...

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
45,481 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Van from CUN to Merida...

The 130 pm is the first bus. For earlier, you will need to take the ADO bus from Cancun center.

British Columbia
Level Contributor
215 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Van from CUN to Merida...

Thanks Robert

That is what I needed to know. I haven't been able to get on the ADO website for weeks - not sure why!

Thanks again!

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
45,481 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Van from CUN to Merida...

Not sure why either. I looked yesterday for this information. I rarely have problems with the site but often read others do. I would note, you should have no problem with all the ADO first class, ADO GL and ADO Platino buses, a departure often.

Have a good trip.

British Columbia
Level Contributor
215 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Van from CUN to Merida...

Robert

Thanks for the advice. I take it the ADO GL, Platino, and first class are all the nice buses? Not that fusy, just curious. Not sure why I can't get on the ADO site - weird. That's why I ask the experts on this site! Most helpful, thanks again!

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
45,481 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Van from CUN to Merida...

The ADO first class buses are fine for a short trip like to Merida. The GL and Platino buses are steps up as far as luxury. Both have much more legroom, two restrooms, coffee bar and the Platino has almost fully reclining seats with footrest and individual video screens with a wide movie choice. All good choices but, of course, the GL and Platino are more expensive.

British Columbia
Level Contributor
215 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Van from CUN to Merida...

Robert

Thanks for the info - now I will know the difference.

You are most helpful - much appreciated!

Looking forward to getting out of the snow and cold!

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,858 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Van from CUN to Merida...

A hearty thanks to those who helped on this thread, I was able to catch the bus from the airport at 1:30, very easy, and had a fantastic time in Merida.

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,765 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Van from CUN to Merida...

Good for you, 826. And I agree...If you don't have a wonderful time in Merida, maybe Mexico is not for you.

Jersey City, New...
Level Contributor
8 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Van from CUN to Merida...

do the GL & Platino buses run between Cancun &Merida? Costs? ???

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
45,481 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Van from CUN to Merida...

You can see them on the www.ado.com.mx website.

GL is 336 pesos, Platino 466 pesos. You may see lower promotional internet specials on the website.

Get answers to your questions about Merida