We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st Class Bus to Merida from Cancun

Jersey City, New...
Level Contributor
8 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
1st Class Bus to Merida from Cancun

Has anyone taken the 1st Class Bus from Cancun to Merida? I would like to know how long was the ride, cost & general opinion of the experience. Thanks

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
45,437 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st Class Bus to Merida from Cancun

ADO has service at least every 30 minutes on this route. The time is about 4 hours and cost is 278 pesos for first class. I use ADO buses all over Mexico and they are excellent. And I would never ride a bus in the US.

The first class buses are Mercedes buses with reserved seats and movies. They also offer more luxurious services but , to me, not necessary for such a short trip.

You can see schedules at www.ado.com.mx

You will see several Merida terminals---the main one is ADO Came .

Merida, Yucatan
Level Contributor
1,735 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st Class Bus to Merida from Cancun

You will find plenty of threads on ADO on this forum which will give you good insight into the service.

London
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st Class Bus to Merida from Cancun

Have got the bus from Cancun to Merida many many times with ADO. As above, it is around 4 hours and the cost is 278 pesos. The service is absolutely fine

Merida, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Merida, Chichen Itza
Level Contributor
2,761 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1st Class Bus to Merida from Cancun

Isn't there some way to make this information permanently visibile and available?

5. Re: 1st Class Bus to Merida from Cancun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 12 February 2012, 15:30
6. Re: 1st Class Bus to Merida from Cancun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 12 February 2012, 15:30
Merida, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Merida, Chichen Itza
Level Contributor
2,761 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 1st Class Bus to Merida from Cancun

Eggs Selent!

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
29,091 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 1st Class Bus to Merida from Cancun

You will find useful info and pictures showing how to get to the downtown Cancun ADO bus station from the Cancun airport here:

tinyurl.com/7m3r6

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
45,437 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 1st Class Bus to Merida from Cancun

Good suggestion , Bill. I added this to the top questions on the Cancun forum. Maybe that will help a bit.

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 1st Class Bus to Merida from Cancun

Make that $480 as of today, 11/02

Get answers to your questions about Merida