We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Merida to Progresso

Which Merida hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary AB Canada
Level Contributor
370 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Bus from Merida to Progresso

Just wondering where to catch bus to Progresso from Merida - is it at the ADO station or is there a different bus - I thought I read somewhere that it goes quite often but not sure from where.

Tks!

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,023 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from Merida to Progresso

The buses do not depart from ADO. The buses depart from the AutoProgresso terminal on 62 in the center. You will not wait long for a bus.

Here is their website with information:

www.autoprogreso.com/Transportation.html

Calgary AB Canada
Level Contributor
370 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from Merida to Progresso

Thanks!!!!

Philadalphia
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from Merida to Progresso

do you have to go downtown to catch the bus to Progresso?

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,703 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus from Merida to Progresso

No. If you read the site noted above, particularly this page:

www.autoprogreso.com/Transportation.html

...you can see where they stop as they head north out of town.

Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus from Merida to Progresso

What is ADO?

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,023 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus from Merida to Progresso

ADO is one of Mexicos largest bus companies and operates most all the first class bus service in the area , as well as owning many of the second class bus lines. The main bus terminal in Merida is ADO Came, which the original question was referring to. Autoprogeso operates from their own little terminal in the center of the city.

Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus from Merida to Progresso

Thanks! We are coming for Easter and the week following and are hoping that we don't have to rent a car.

Boston...
Level Contributor
47 posts
315 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bus from Merida to Progresso

We have visited Merida 4 times and do just fine without a car. The buses to both Progreso and Celestun are inexpensive and easy. Most everything is walkable or a quick cab ride away.

Chilliwack, B.C.
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bus from Merida to Progresso

Wondering what the bus fares are - for eg. Merida to Progreso and for Merida to Celestun. I will be staying at Luz en Yucatan in Centro - can anyone advise nearest bus stop for Progreso ? Do the buses have air conditioning ? Muchas gracias por la informacion !

Courtenay, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bus from Merida to Progresso

Hola: We were in Celestun last February and came back to Merida (to stay @ Luz) in a nice A/C bus. The fare wasn't much, around $5 USD, and takes around 2 hours (about the same amount of time from Horseshoe Bay to Chilliwack!). Check out the following site, which is for a B&B owned by ex-Saskatchewans

hotelcelestevida.com/en/How_to_get_Here.html.

I haven't travelled to Progresso, but here is a site that I have for buses to Progresso http://www.autoprogreso.com

If you haven't been to Merida/Celestun or Luz, you are sure to love it. We are going back there in February, and can't wait.

Regards--Don