We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Peregrino

Which Merida hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
116 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Peregrino

I've heard in the fist floor rooms you can hear alot of noise. How noisy is noisy?

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,447 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Peregrino

It must not be street noise since they dont appear to have any rooms facing the street. I looked at the site and it appears they may have rooms opening on to an open courtyard. I am not usually fond of those, if thats the case. They can be noisy.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Peregrino

I read several reviews that reccomended avoiding the first floor rooms due to internal noise. I guess that's where all of the smaller rooms are as well. Made my resv through orbitz and the hotel wants more money to be off of the first floor. I cancelled. Thanks for the response!

Merida
Destination Expert
for Merida
Level Contributor
1,400 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Peregrino

If they want more money for second floor rooms, then those first room floors MUST be noisy :-)

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,447 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Peregrino

Agree. A pretty good indicator guests dont prefer the first floor rooms.

Los angeles
Level Contributor
38 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Peregrino

We stayed hotel's second floor 2 years ago. The loud noise was coming from the bar next door. I don't know if that bar is still there.....then it will be noisy even on the second floor.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,649 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Peregrino

I stayed in a second floor room in January and it was really quiet (I'm a light sleeper). Having a hard time remembering where the first floor rooms would be. There might be one right across from the kitchen area, in which case anyone who was going to the second floor or higher would be walking by your door. There's also a fridge and sink in that area, so if you were in that room, I can see how it would be louder.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Peregrino

Probably was "that room"! I will never advise a hotel I am a single traveler. Had I said double, I wouldn't have ended up on 1st. "Who's on first?" Ha-ha! Not me, i'm staying elsewhere!!

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,649 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Peregrino

It really is a pretty great place, though. We were at one of the rooms at the top of the stairs. The staff were friendly and helpful. We needed a cab at some ungodly hour -- 5:25 am -- and they made arrangements for us the night before. That morning, the desk clerk even came up to make sure we hadn't overslept, then came back to let us know the cab was waiting.

I stayed one night at the Luz en Yucatan a few weeks ago, and that place is nice too. A little bit more pricey though.

Edited: 10 October 2012, 17:07
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Peregrino

I didn't mean to dis the hotel. I went thru orbitz. Had I said two people I probably would have gotten 2nd or above. Actually Luz reccomended Peregrino because Luz was filled. Peregrino gets great reviews but had I ended up in the broom closet.....

10. Re: Hotel Peregrino

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 02:18