We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I am confused

Atlanta
Level Contributor
425 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
I am confused

I want to do a review of the Spanish school that I attended while in Merida, Habla: The Center for Language and Culture. Tripadvisor informed me that they could not be reviewed. I have seen other language schools reviewed, for instance in San Miguel. So I am confused. Could anyone share some light on this? Thanks

Merida, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Merida, Chichen Itza
Level Contributor
2,702 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I am confused

Hola!

Was there a reason given? Perhaps it's a technical issue? Or it doesn't exist in their database and needs to be input(ed) first?

Merida
Destination Expert
for Merida
Level Contributor
1,402 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I am confused

I'm pretty sure that's it. However, I dont see any language schools under Resources or Attractions, the only logical place to review something like that.

Can you point me to where the other language school reviews are? If you do, I'll gladly add Habla :-)

Edited: 06 November 2012, 15:44
Merida
Destination Expert
for Merida
Level Contributor
1,402 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I am confused

Ok, checked it out. Habla needs to add themselves as an Activity in Merida so I sent Kurt an email about it. Thanks for the heads up... I'm sure he will appreciate it!

Atlanta
Level Contributor
425 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I am confused

Muchas gracias!

Merida, Mexico
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I am confused

Hi Everyone, Thanks for thinking of us. We at Habla applied a couple of years ago to have a listing on Trip Advisor and they didn't accept our application. There wasn't really a category at the time. Other language schools applied before Trip Advisor had stricter guidelines for what counts as a "cultural destination." Now they have a category called "Education" so we recently applied again and we're waiting to hear if we've been accepted. We do hope to join Trip Advisor so our students have a forum for reviewing their experience with us. Thanks again, Kurt

Merida
Destination Expert
for Merida
Level Contributor
1,402 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I am confused

If you need a recommendation for TA, let me know. You know I'll do whatever I can to help...

7. Re: I am confused

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2014, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Merida