We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best chilaquiles in Merida?

providence
Level Contributor
35 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Best chilaquiles in Merida?

We will be visiting Merida in February during the weekend of carnival and I am sure will be in need of a hangover cure at some point, Any suggestions on places to get my favorite cure, chilaquiles?

Merida, Yucatan
Level Contributor
1,733 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best chilaquiles in Merida?

It doesn't really feature among Yucatecan cuisine, so it's hard to say. I only see them in breakfast buffets, such as those you get in bigger hotels.

Have a look online at Bisquets Obregon - that's a Mexico City chain, I think.

Cape Cod
Level Contributor
1,990 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best chilaquiles in Merida?

Bisquetes and maybe Sanfords are the only places I've seen them. As Londoner points out, it's not native to the local cuisine.

Have a great trip!

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,800 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best chilaquiles in Merida?

I'm a big fan of Chilaquiles and search them out. I can think of a couple places that have them in the centro area. Cafe Pop has them. They were pretty good. The other, I don't know the name of. It was on Calle 60 north of the square. Based on a google street view, it looks like it was "la Bella Epoca", an orange building. I remember them being pretty good, but the reviews of the place aren't great.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,424 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best chilaquiles in Merida?

They are really not difficult to find in Merida. I see them many places and my best, friend who is Mexican, eats them often. One of my favorite spots Las Vigas , in Hotel Los Arcos, on Calle 63 has them and even has them on the breakfast specials. But really we eat them many places in Merida.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,267 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best chilaquiles in Merida?

Los Bisquets of Obregon has decent chilaquiles for a chain. I've only had them there in Merida - or maybe at the place across from Luz en Yucatan.

I've never had chilaquiles as good as the ones at Mexican Home Cooking School, near Tlaxcala - and in Puebla, but obviously dont get around as much as Robert! I can get great ones at my neighborhood Mexican spot in NYC as long as the chef with the heavy hand with the epazote isnt working.

suitcaseready.com

Edited: 03 December 2012, 21:35
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,424 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best chilaquiles in Merida?

Well, I get around some, evening. But I dont know your neighborhood spot in NYC ha ha. And really only recently, I have become much of a chilaquiles fan. My Mexican friend always wants me to eat them with her so I learned to like them. Really , some are very good.

providence
Level Contributor
35 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best chilaquiles in Merida?

It is the ultimate comfort food! Although I have to make it myself if I want it around here in Rhode Island. I do a pretty good job if I do say so myself.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,800 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best chilaquiles in Merida?

I can't get enough of them. I can find them at plenty of places here in Indianapolis, but the ones in Mexico always taste better.

San Mateo...
Destination Expert
for Rincon de Guayabitos
Level Contributor
4,296 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best chilaquiles in Merida?

I had them for breakfast this morning, chilaquiles with chicken, egg,black beans and coffee= 35Pesos....

only problem is I am in RinconGuayabitos,Nayarit.........

10. Re: Best chilaquiles in Merida?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 11:15
Get answers to your questions about Merida