We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Direction

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
118 reviews
Save Topic
Direction

OK, I'm not a rocket scientist! If I were facing the entrance to Caribe Hotel in Merida, which way would I be facing?

Cape Cod
Level Contributor
1,990 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Direction

If I remember correctly, the hotel faces that little plaza. If I am right, you would be facing east. I have to ask, why do you want to know this?

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,423 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Direction

The hotel does face the plaza. Curious about the question also.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Direction

I'm trying to write a trip report and I lost my notes so everything is from memory. If I know which way I was facing when I walked out of the Caribe, I could possibly write an informative one.

Thanks for the help!

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,800 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Direction

Google Earth is great for this sort of stuff. I often use it when I'm trying to remember which street I walked down, etc.

Merida, Yucatan
Level Contributor
1,733 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Direction

You'd be looking east. The odd numbered streets in the city run east to west and the even north to south. Hope that orientates you.

Cape Cod
Level Contributor
1,990 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Direction

However, if you are asking about what direction you would be facing upon LEAVING the hotel, it's west.

I still don't get why it's relevant, but good luck with your report.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Direction

So I know wether to advise people to go north, south, east or west to reach a reccomended destination. Makes perfect sense to this TA"er, although I'm still not quite sure what the answer is. LOL!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Direction

So facing the exit of the hotel is west. Thanks. Whew.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,423 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Direction

I still dont really understand about the directions. If I were in a strange city and someone told me to go east or west, I probably wouldnt have a clue haha.

Cape Cod
Level Contributor
1,990 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Direction

"So facing the exit of the hotel is west." From the inside of the hotel, yes. If you're outside, the exit becomes an entrance and you would be facing east.

And I'm with Robert on the whole east versus west versus north versus south thing, especially when you are in urban area. If I'd never been to Merida, I'd have no clue which direction is which.

Get answers to your questions about Merida
Recent Conversations