We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Chichen itza to Merida?

Which Merida hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Helsinki
Level Contributor
177 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Bus from Chichen itza to Merida?

I tried to find schedules/prices on ado website but it says "NO EXISTEN CORRIDAS DE SALIDA DISPONIBLES..." whatever times and/or destinations in Merida I choose (there seems to be several stations there). Is there really no buses on this route on Wednesday next week?

Edited: 06 January 2013, 00:55
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,007 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from Chichen itza to Merida?

I see two next Wednesday from Merida to Chichen.

They are at 630 and 915 in the morning.

Are you looking for departures from Merida Came? That is the main ADO terminal in Merida.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
27,990 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from Chichen itza to Merida?

220 PM and 515 PM

C. Itza to Merida Yuc CAME

120 pesos.

1:50 or 1:30 (Hour:Minute) travel time

Edited: 06 January 2013, 03:21
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,007 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from Chichen itza to Merida?

My fault, I reversed it.

Be sure you look at Merida Came. ADO has a number of terminals in Merida but only Came , the main terminal, has Chichen service.

Normally, its nonstop, other than sometimes a quick stop in Piste, near Chchen. Not sure why the times vary unless ADO is allowing for traffic.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,007 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus from Chichen itza to Merida?

Another option from Chichen to Merida are the Oriente second class buses (Oriente is operated by ADO). These buses are fine for such a short trip, with air conditioning and reclining, but unreserved seats. These are more frequent than the ADO first class but I know of no online schedule. They arrive at the second class terminal, just across the street from ADO Came.

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
23 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus from Chichen itza to Merida?

We too are thinking of taking the bus...from Merida to Chichin...however our guide books says the buses drop you off 2 miles from the site. True? If so, how do you get to the site from the bus drop off point? Thank you.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,700 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus from Chichen itza to Merida?

I took the early morning ADO bus from Merida CAME to Chichen Itza. It leaves Merida around 6:30 a.m. and drops you in the parking lot of Chichen Itza around 8:30 a.m. About a 50 foot walk to the ticket booth.

I can't speak to the later bus, which leaves at around 9:15 a.m. The parking lot is probably full by the time that bus arrives, so it may vary.

I would suggest taking the 6:30 a.m. bus. When you arrive at 8:30 a.m. there are very few people in the park and few vendors. It is much better than arriving at 11:00 or later when the tourist buses start showing up.

Edited: 07 January 2013, 00:43
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,007 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus from Chichen itza to Merida?

¨however our guide books says the buses drop you off 2 miles from the site.¨

Thats the problem with guides. Often wrong. All ADO buses drop you off in the Chichen parking lot and have for as long as I remember.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
27,990 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bus from Chichen itza to Merida?

I agree with taking the early bus. I was at C. Itza last year at 800 AM and it was great. Very few people and the vendors were not a problem. However, the steady stream of arriving vendors was amazing. I think that I left at 930 AM and still had no vendor issues or hoards of bus-borne tourists.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,007 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bus from Chichen itza to Merida?

Good advice from Peter about the buses. It is best to arrive early but, of course, a personal choice based on how early you want to leave Merida. I dont like the crowds later or the many vendors. To me, the pesky vendors are the biggest problem.

Whatever you decide, enjoy the trip.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,700 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bus from Chichen itza to Merida?

My traveling companion on that particular trip was not thrilled to be at the bus station at 6:15ish, for a 6:30 bus, which required him to be up and about a couple hours earlier than normal. After breezing into Chichen Itza with no lines, and examining most of the ruins nearly alone -- with great pictures and no one else in them -- things finally began to pick up after 10:30 or so. As we left around 11:30 (and saw lines hundreds of people long), he remarked to me that despite the early rise, this was clearly the best way to do the trip.