We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

men's clothing

Which Merida hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
men's clothing

can I get away with shorts at dinner or should I wear slacks?

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,415 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: men's clothing

You can get away with it in some places, but you will likely be the only one there in shorts.

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,594 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: men's clothing

As RSDF says, you won't see many adults in shorts in Merida. It's a big city, not a beach town. Still, it's your vacation, your decision.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,646 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: men's clothing

I always wear pants in Merida, even when it's hot. The heat doesn't really bother me. Actually, I usually wear pants all over in Mexico, except at the beach. I like to wander around and visit churches, so I try to dress in a manner that won't be disrespectful should I wish to tour one.

Cape Cod
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: men's clothing

Like others, I tend to wear pants. One side benefit is that it protects my lower legs from the aegyptus mosquito, which likes to hang out under tables and chairs and can carry the dengue virus.

But I have many friends, all gringos but who have lived for years in Merida, who pretty much wear shorts everywhere except to church and higher-end restaurants.

Have a good trip!

5. Re: men's clothing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2014, 06:16