We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

downtown hotel

Which Merida hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
103 posts
232 reviews
Save Topic
downtown hotel

We will be driving over from our home on Cozumel for our first visit to Merida toward the end of Feb. We will be travelling with another couple. Looking for a nice comfortable clean place to stay. We want nice with local flavor, not a Hilton type of highrise tower. Thanks!

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,436 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: downtown hotel

So many to chose from. Parking can be difficult in Merida so a hotel free easy parking is good. I have often used the hotel Dolores Alba. They are close to the main square and have a large, secure parking area. I prefer this to some with very small parking areas or valet parking.

http://www.doloresalba.com/indexmain.php

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
103 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: downtown hotel

Robert, thanks it looks perfect!

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,436 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: downtown hotel

I will point out that the front entrance is the original old building entrance but inside , you will still find the beautiful old building as well as the new addition in the rear of the grounds. This includes a very nice , well landscaped pool area. Another nice feature is the parking offers shade!

They do have one thing I have seen in few places, a vending machine dispensing cans of beer!

Edited: 09 February 2013, 16:59
Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
103 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: downtown hotel

vending machine with beer now it'sperfect

Philadalphia
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: downtown hotel

I highly recommend Hotel B&B Merida Santiago but they may be booked.

In my opinion this is one of the nicest places to stay in Merida. I have stayed here at least 5 times while we were building our house in Merida which is not completed. The owners Jan and Rita are amazing and nothing is too much trouble for them. lori@viavillas.com

Edited: 10 February 2013, 00:05
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,436 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: downtown hotel

I thought the beer machine might be an added plus, cozbill. You never know when you might get thirsty.

I have stayed at the Dolores Alba about a dozen times over the years and it has been my favorite place in Merida. Its family owned and the mother lives on the property and other family members are always there. Also a friendly, very helpful front desk staff.

I was at the Merida Santiago once and it is a very nice place. But the Dolores Alba is about half the price and really fit my needs better.

Merida
Destination Expert
for Merida
Level Contributor
1,400 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: downtown hotel

There's always Luz en Yucatan (www.luzenyucatan.com)

Others to look at:

Hotel Marionetas

Hotel Mediomundo

Casa Mexilio

have fun!

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,436 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: downtown hotel

Good list, YL. Luz has been hyped so much, I no longer mention it or use it. But many good choices. But after trying many, like everyone, I have my favorite.

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
103 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: downtown hotel

Thanks everyone, bringing our Mexican neighbors, he was born in a small village outside Merida, but he came to Cozumel in the 70's now he says there is some problem with his papers that he must fix in Merida. We'll sight see while hopefully he gets everything squared away.

10. Re: downtown hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2013, 04:43