We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hacienda Sotuta de Peon

Canada
Level Contributor
254 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Hacienda Sotuta de Peon

Hi,

We would like to take a bus to go visit Hacienda Sotuta de Peon. If I understood correctly, it leaves on calle 67 X 50, centro. Does it go right to the hacienda? Could we continue on to Mayapan in the afternoon (ie: is it the same route), or is that too much to fit in?

Thanks!

Merida, Yucatan
Level Contributor
1,732 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hacienda Sotuta de Peon

You ask good questions! I'd raise the first one with the Hacienda directly (though of course they may try to push their pick up service a bit). You would also need to check journey times as buses that go through the villages will take their time.

Mayapan would be an excellent add on. It's not far, but again relying on public transport complicates things. You might want a driver (check Bill Lawson on this forum), or to rent a car. I'm sure you'd get more out of your day.

Here's a good eating option near Mayapan, www.naluumtm.com/restaurant.html

Canada
Level Contributor
254 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hacienda Sotuta de Peon

Thanks londoner_in_yucatan!

What if we took a taxi from the hacienda to Mayapan? Would it be do-able and/or expensive?

We could do the tour at 10am then go on to Mayapan in the afternoon...Then a bus back to Merida. What do you think?

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
15,702 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hacienda Sotuta de Peon

We are planning to visit Sotuta de Peon on an upcoming trip too - we are renting a car for that portion of our trip though. We considered public transport - that is usually our default if it works out, but decided to rent a car for the flexibility. I have heard good things about Easyway, which will bring a car to your hotel.

Canada
Level Contributor
254 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hacienda Sotuta de Peon

When are you thinking of going november_moon?

We're not in a hotel...we don't really want to rent a car either. Hiring a driving service is over our budget, so bus it is.

Merida, Yucatan
Level Contributor
1,732 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hacienda Sotuta de Peon

This website is very helpful. …sct.gob.mx/sibuac_internet/ControllerUI…

It shows SdP to Mayapan as 89 kms, largely due to an absence of a direct route; expensive for a taxi. Mayapan is interesting, but hardly a too-die-for site. Perhaps just a trip out to SdP and then back to Merida might be better?

When in Merida you could ask a taxi driver how much it'll cost to take you out to the hacienda, and then bus it back. That way you'd be assured of arriving on time for your tour.

Canada
Level Contributor
254 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hacienda Sotuta de Peon

Great idea londoner_in_yucatan! Thanks!!

Buses leave directly from the hacienda for Merida?

Merida, Yucatan
Level Contributor
1,732 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hacienda Sotuta de Peon

I don't know for a fact, but I'm sure you could pick up a van/bus to take you into Merida from very nearby.

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
15,702 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hacienda Sotuta de Peon

Our trip is next month.

9. Re: Hacienda Sotuta de Peon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2014, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Merida