We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Campeche

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Level Contributor
113 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Campeche

Has the highway work between Merida and Campeche been completed. How long does it now take to make the trip from Merida to Campeche?

Merida, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Merida, Chichen Itza
Level Contributor
2,575 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Campeche

Anywhere between 1.5 and 2 hours. At the moment there is some construction still going on in two spots that will slow you down. Also, the entrance to Campeche from the highway is undergoing major work and that, coupled with a state police checkpoint, can cause delays.

The new mall is quite impressive, right on the fabulous Campeche malecon.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,738 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Campeche

Bill, what is the new mall? Like a shopping mall? I was there about a year ago and I guess I didn't see it.

Merida, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Merida, Chichen Itza
Level Contributor
2,575 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Campeche

It is Galerias Liverpool and it is ultra modern and huge. All Campeche needs now is a good hospital and it will become the new expat hotspot.

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Level Contributor
113 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Campeche

Is there a Kukis by Maru in the Gallerias Liverpool?

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,738 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Campeche

I googled it. Pretty impressive looking place. I really enjoyed my time in Campeche, I could see myself spending more time there.

Merida, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Merida, Chichen Itza
Level Contributor
2,575 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Campeche

Yes, JCA, there is :)

7. Re: Campeche

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2014, 05:17