We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Coliseo Yucatan and Mana concert in Feb 2014 questions..

BC
Level Contributor
267 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
New Coliseo Yucatan and Mana concert in Feb 2014 questions..

We are arriving in Cancun (staying on Isla Mujeres) on the morning of Feb.8 and taking the bus to Merida that afternoon. I think we will probably arrive at the CAME station. Where exactly is the new coliseo? What should we expect to pay for a taxi from CAME to the coliseo? We have been to Merida several times and love it, but we are just coming this time for the Mana concert. If we decide not to spend the night and instead, take the 2am bus back to Cancun...is it safe to travel then? If not, are there any hotels near the coliseo? Thanks for any help or suggestions!

Merida, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Merida, Chichen Itza
Level Contributor
2,761 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Coliseo Yucatan and Mana concert in Feb 2014 questions..

The Coliseo is located on the Merida-Progreso highway around 10 minutes from the Gran Plaza/Liverpool malls. I figure that the taxi fare from CAME would be about $150 pesos or more, each way. There are no hotels near there; the closest is a hotel behind Liverpool and the convention center there. Taking the bus at 2 AM would be perfectly safe, yes.

BC
Level Contributor
267 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Coliseo Yucatan and Mana concert in Feb 2014 questions..

Thank you Mr. Lawson! We have tickets for the concert....yeah!!! And I decided that after traveling for over 24 hours already that we would stay the night in Merida...booked Luz en Yucatan. Hmmm....might need to hire a private driver for to/from the concert :)

Gracias for the info!

Doreese

west. pennsylvania
Level Contributor
308 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Coliseo Yucatan and Mana concert in Feb 2014 questions..

You picked a wonderful place to stay. You will not want to leave Luz en Yucatan, our all-time fav. and it's in a great location. Can you stay in Merida longer?

BC
Level Contributor
267 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Coliseo Yucatan and Mana concert in Feb 2014 questions..

Thanks! Friends of ours stayed at Luz in 2012. It looked like a wonderful place. We've been to Merida a few times and loved it there. So much to see! This time though, we hadn't planned on a Merida trip as we're staying on Isla Mujeres. It will be a quick visit this time, but so sweet! Can't believe we're lucky enough to see Mana again! Very excited!

Sacramento...
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: New Coliseo Yucatan and Mana concert in Feb 2014 questions..

Ile be backpacking from Cancun to Merida and Belize but im going to Merida just to go see Mana, ile be staying in Santa Lucia hostel,Is the Coliseo far from the hostel?

Sacramento...
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: New Coliseo Yucatan and Mana concert in Feb 2014 questions..

Ile be backpacking from Cancun to Merida and Belize but im going to Merida just to go see Mana, ile be staying in Santa Lucia hostel,Is the Coliseo far from the hostel?

BC
Level Contributor
267 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New Coliseo Yucatan and Mana concert in Feb 2014 questions..

By looking at the map for your hostel, it looks like it's in centro area, so similar distance for us from Luz en Yucatan. The coliseo is being built out on the highway to Progresso and there is not a lot of development around there yet. You'll have to take a taxi…..I've been told anywhere from $150-250MXP one way. See you there! We're in section 112.

Merida
Destination Expert
for Merida
Level Contributor
1,402 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New Coliseo Yucatan and Mana concert in Feb 2014 questions..

Have fun at the concert... sounds like great fun!!

BC
Level Contributor
267 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New Coliseo Yucatan and Mana concert in Feb 2014 questions..

Thanks! Can't wait to see them again….the best concert we've ever been to!

Sacramento...
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: New Coliseo Yucatan and Mana concert in Feb 2014 questions..

Thank you for the info,i found the location of the coliseo on youtube (lol... i love youtube,you can find anything there) and yes the concert is going to be awesome,i cant wait.