We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great breakfast spot?

Which Merida hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Napa Valley, CA
Level Contributor
1,911 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Great breakfast spot?

In Merida now and have so many recommendations for good lunch and dinner places. Any good breakfast places you would recommend? Can be Mexican, Yucatan, french or even American! Go!

La Crosse, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
699 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great breakfast spot?

My favorite place in El Centro is Cafe la Habana at the corner of Calle 59 and 62. The food is OK, and the service seems to have gotten better. However, the principal advantage to La Habana is the great coffee. They roast their own beans on site. Most breakfast places in the Yucatan serve instant coffee, Nescafe. At La Habana you get real coffee. I usually have toast and strawberry jam to carry me over to lunch. Friends have enjoyed the breakfast buffet at the Hotel Aluxes on Calle 60 and 49 between Parque Santa Lucia and Parque Santa Ana.

Merida, Yucatan
Level Contributor
1,722 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great breakfast spot?

My favourite breakfast buffet is www.elconquistador.com.mx It's very complete.

Cape Cod
Level Contributor
1,875 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Great breakfast spot?

Wayane'e for tacos or a small, but busy cochinita stand next to the road. Whatever you do, don't partake of American fast food.

Napa Valley, CA
Level Contributor
1,911 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Great breakfast spot?

Thank you! I rarely eat American fast food at home and it would never, ever pass my lips while abroad! I just read about a place called Los Benos, which specializes in Eggs Benedict, and has many other breakfast options. Well reviewed here in Trip Advisor. Will look into the suggestions. We are in a home north of the Circuito Colonias so not sure about breakfast in the Centro area but we may try it one morning. Any others? Thanks so far!

Phildalephia, PA
Level Contributor
118 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Great breakfast spot?

Los Venes is very good. Great eggs benedict, of course....but their carrot cake is awesome too. another nice lace in town is Bistro cultural on calle 66 y 49 ( i think). croissants, coffee, omelettes, etc... small place run my a charming couple, very good lunches too.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,447 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Great breakfast spot?

" Most breakfast places in the Yucatan serve instant coffee, Nescafe. "

For years, I found that to be true but now many places served good brewed coffee. Of course most of the local family run places still serve the traditional Mexican breakfast drink, Coca Cola.

Napa Valley, CA
Level Contributor
1,911 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Great breakfast spot?

Thanks. We actually walked from Paseo de Montejo after renting bikes to Bistro Cultural as well as Cafe Creme only to find both of them closed. Later found that many restaurants are closed on Sundays. Other than being disappointed about not getting to eat there, I was happy to see some places still closing on Sundays, unlike the U.S. where almost everything is still open on Sundays. It was wonderful seeing so many families out together enjoying the day and the evening around the Plaza. Thanks. also for the ti about the summit. We are picking up our rental car from the Fiesta Americana on Tuesday...should be interesting!

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,447 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Great breakfast spot?

Since you mention the Paseo, I will mention Pistace on the Paseo. \i stop for coffee once or twice a week and not only good coffee but good croissant sandwiches, souflee/omlets, a variety of crepes, quiches, desserts, and other items. A nice place to watch the passing scene. They do seem to attract a largely expat crowd but I won't hold that against them!

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,649 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Great breakfast spot?

I have always enjoyed Cafe Pop on Calle 57. Their chilaquiles are excellent.

10. Re: Great breakfast spot?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 28 April 2014, 17:35