We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from merida to Chichen Itza

2 posts
Save Topic
Bus from merida to Chichen Itza

I know from older posts that there have been buses from merida Came to Chichen itza...I am planning to do this trip on september the 17th, but I can't find any buses on the ADO website.

Does anybody know if there are buses going?

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,525 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from merida to Chichen Itza

ADO still has the single bus leaving Merida at 630 AM and arriving Chichen at about 815. As often the case, ADO does not always update the schedules far in advance. Go back to Sept. 15 and you will see the bus. They have not changed this schedule in several years so it will operate.

If the time is not good for you, you will find several buses a day on Oriente, one of ADO´s second class lines. But those schedules are not on line and is best to check locally.

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,676 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from merida to Chichen Itza

I could be wrong - Robert has much more experience than I do with bus transport in Mx - but I think this site will list the other options:

www.ticketbus.com.mx

But be advised - Those 2nd class buses will make for a considerably longer ride...and without the benefit of onboard restrooms. And same scheduling rule, I think. Pick a date closer to today's...

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,525 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from merida to Chichen Itza

Good advice from pg. I rarely look at the ticketbus site because for some reason, I prefer the ADO site. The ticketbus site will list will list some but not all of the second class buses since it only lists companies operated by ADO. I believe in this case, the ones you see are their Oriente second class buses.

Good advice about the restroom. When I travel on second class, I try to go easy on liquids before the trip.

4. Re: Bus from merida to Chichen Itza

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2015, 05:16