We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mayan Palace to Cancun

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
14,006 posts
141 reviews
Save Topic
Mayan Palace to Cancun

Friends of ours will be at the Mayan Palace next week, and we are going to be in Cancun. Can anyone tell me how far Mayan Palace is from Cancun? Is it to the north of PDC? I assume they will probably want to take a taxi, about $50? I am aware of the bus, so will suggest that to them as well.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
14,006 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mayan Palace to Cancun

bump

Washington State
Level Contributor
1,692 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mayan Palace to Cancun

The Mayan Palace is in between Cancun and Playa del Carmen- South of Cancun and North of PDC. It is probably around 30-40 minutes away. We are staying there for the first time at the end of the month. I don't know how much a taxi would be. Suggesting the bus would be way cheaper and more safe.

Twin Cities, MN
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Mayan Palace to Cancun

We stayed at the Mayan Palace last year and never went into Cancun as time just didn't work in our favor to go.

However, I don't think it’s too far from the Mayan Palace; I'd estimate about 30 minutes all depending on where you are going in Cancun. I know they can hop on a bus outside the resort for a few dollars a piece, or they can get a cab which will probably cost about $30+. All, in my opinion, are very safe!

Cheers!

bemidji minnesota
Level Contributor
7,144 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mayan Palace to Cancun

Also the Playa Express stops at Mayan Palace and you can choose that option.......would never pay the taxi rate when you can get a comfy bus ride or the Express for way less.....I would say we paid $2.50 to $4.00 per person on different modes of transportation to and from Cancun. We have stayed at Mayan Palace twice and enjoyed it.....Building 1 is closest to the pool and a desired location. We are trying Mayan Palace in Nuevo Vallarta for the first time next month...hope we like it as well as the Riviera Maya location....people have said we will. Enjoy your vacation.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
14,006 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mayan Palace to Cancun

What is the playa express? I know about the bus at the bus station downtown, but this is a different one? I also heard this resort is very far off the road? Will be meeting with our friends one night this week to get our plan worked out for them to meet us in Cancun on Sat. Thanks fro any and all info!

bemidji minnesota
Level Contributor
7,144 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mayan Palace to Cancun

The Playa Express is more of a large van....the kind larger hotels use to get you to and from the airport in the US. Like a shuttle van. We caught it out at the highway in front of the Mayan Palace once when we were planning on catching the bus. I don't know what kind of schedule it has......I'm sure the Mayan Palace can tell them. I believe it runs pretty regularly. Otherwise the bus comes by every 20 minutes or so. The resort does sit back from the road a ways and the Mayan Palace runs shuttles out to the main highway all day long...you never wait more than a few minutes to get the shuttle out. Tell them to plan on tipping a buck or two to the driver. No tips on buses or the Playa Express of course. I hope they like the Mayan Palace as much as we did.

minnesota
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Mayan Palace to Cancun

Would you know how much the Playa Express would be from Cancun airport to the Riu yucatan?.....approximate?? And do you know of anyone just back from this hotel to shed some light on the beach situation??

bemidji minnesota
Level Contributor
7,144 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mayan Palace to Cancun

I don't know where the riu yucatan is located......but if I had to guess....and I am just guessing but maybe someone else will jump in and correct me....the most I would expect the playa express to cost would be maybe $6.00 from Playa to Cancun and I really doubt it would even be that much....so depending where the riu is on that route figure a percentage. If I remember right, when we used the bus we would pay about $1.00 from Mayan Palace to Playa and about $2.50 or $3.00 to Cancun. Mayan Palace sits about 20 miles from Playa and about 35 miles from Cancun. Roughly. And when we used the Playa Express we paid $2.50 to get to Cancun and for some reason the return trip from Cancun back to Mayan Palace was even cheaper.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
14,006 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mayan Palace to Cancun

Does the Express or the other buses drop you off downtown Cancun at the bus station? Or in the hotel zone somewhere?

Washington State
Level Contributor
1,692 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mayan Palace to Cancun

Could you use the Playa Express from the Ambiance Villas in Cancun to the Mayan Palace? We will be staying at the Ambiance Villas prior to our week stay at the Mayan Palace and are still figuring out the best mode of transportation to get to the Mayan Palace? Any thoughts or other options besides a taxi?