We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

IB* Lindo or Maya HELP!

West Mifflin...
Level Contributor
352 posts
1 review
Save Topic
IB* Lindo or Maya HELP!

My wife and I have been to the Del Mar 3 years running and want to try either the L indo or Maya but need some advice. Our TA gave us rates for the both of them and the difference for the Maya is $560. I've read a ton over the past 3 years and as far as I know the difference between the 2 is one extra resturant and some little private pools. Is there anything else I don't know that it would be worth $560 more for the Maya?

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
8,459 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: IB* Lindo or Maya HELP!

The Maya gives you two extra restaurants and the private pools and elevators in each building. The rooms are also a bit bigger.

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
57 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: IB* Lindo or Maya HELP!

Hi Megadave - Just got back from the Lindo this afternoon and quite frankly I wouldn't pay the extra for the Maya. You have so many options with the Lindo already and can eat a la carte every night and access to the Lindo & Beach / Del Mar pools. I also liked the ambiance of the Lindo & Beach / Del Mar better than the Maya. It just had a bit more relaxed feeling. I found that in one week you just don't have enough time to for everything so why add more to you list? Have a great stay there and I hope you have better weather than I did.

West Mifflin...
Level Contributor
352 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: IB* Lindo or Maya HELP!

Thanks Blue eyes. Like I said we've been to the complex before just didn't know if we were missing something. Quick question are the buffets at the Lindo and the Maya air conditioned?

Pittsburgh, PA
Destination Expert
for Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,098 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: IB* Lindo or Maya HELP!

The Lindo buffet near the lobby is airconditioned, the one near the beach was open air when we were there a couple weeks ago. Don't know if that one can be enclosed and airconditioned too in the summer.

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
57 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: IB* Lindo or Maya HELP!

The Lindo buffets are open air during the day but they do close the windows in the evening. I don't think I saw any Maya buffets so I can't answer on them. Quite frankly I found the fare at the Beach buffet to be better during the day and ate there a number of times. It's open aired but really nice as you get a light breeze and the ponds are right there and the birds etc. The restaurants at the Maya that I was in are air conditioned.

The Lindo had a great breakfast at the Italian restaurant and that's air conditioned.

6. Re: IB* Lindo or Maya HELP!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2009, 21:19